What are we building?
Hard Rock Digital is a team focused on becoming the best online sportsbook, casino, and social casino company in the world. We’re building a team that resonates passion for learning, operating and building new products and technologies for millions of consumers. We care about each customer's interaction, experience, behavior, and insight and strive to ensure we’re always acting authentically.
Rooted in the kindred spirits of Hard Rock and the Seminole Tribe of Florida, the new Hard Rock Digital taps a brand known the world over as the leader in gaming, entertainment, and hospitality. We’re taking that foundation of success and bringing it to the digital space — ready to join us?
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a leader who has excellent written and verbal communication skills (including legal drafting skills) as well as the ability to influence others by developing strong working relationships and delivering excellent commercial solutions to complex legal and regulatory issues. The role is best suited for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a passion for sports and gaming.
● Provide sound and well-reasoned legal advice with respect to gaming regulatory matters in every jurisdiction where SHRD operates or plans to operate.
● Effectively represent, and advocate on behalf of, SHRD before state gaming regulators on all legal aspects of gaming regulatory matters including regulatory
complaints and other communications, self-reports, investigations, and licensing.
● Provide legal support to the compliance team and collaborate to ensure timely responses to all regulator inquiries.
● Attend compliance committee meetings as company legal representative.
● Collaborate with outside gaming regulatory counsel.
● Collaborate with, support and advise management in a wide array of operating areas requiring gaming regulatory legal advice, including product, technology, sports betting and gaming operations, marketing, finance and human resources.
● Advise on federal laws, responsible gaming, advertising compliance, payment processing compliance, liquor law compliance and other regulatory matters.
● Assess applicable gaming and other laws and regulations for possible changes and reforms; collaborate with government affairs department on review of new legislation.
● Represent SHRD at gaming regulatory hearings.
● Provide legal support on gaming applications.
● Exhibit a strong work ethic and takes ownership of complex projects with minimal supervision while demonstrating sound judgment and superior decision-making, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills; meets prescribed deadlines.
● Demonstrate leadership and team-working skills in support of a collaborative environment.
● Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, internal clients, and external business partners.
● Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and demonstrates the utmost integrity in all settings.
● Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the General Counsel and Vice President—Regulatory and Compliance.
The ideal candidate will have:
● Juris Doctorate Degree
● Minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsibility and legal expertise in gaming regulatory matters.
● Experience practicing law in the gaming practice group of a law firm with expertise in gaming law and/or with a gaming regulatory authority.
● Licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. state
● Gaming license registration as required by applicable jurisdictions.
● Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
● Substantive knowledge and understanding of legal strategies and principles; ability to analyze and apply legal principles and precedents to legal issues; ability to perform legal research, evaluate alternatives and make sound recommendations.
● Excellent research and writing skills; ability to prepare clear, concise and complete legal documents, reports, correspondence and other communications materials on complex legal issues; ability to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms; ability to make effective public presentations. Candidates may be required to provide a writing sample.
● Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment, and work with discretion.
● Ability to deal effectively with all business contacts, including government agencies, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, internal clients, and external business partners.
● Sound judgment and superior decision-making, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills; ability to meet prescribed deadlines.
● Basic proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
● Self-motivated and self-directed and able to work without direct supervision on assigned projects and tasks.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for you?
We offer our employees more than just competitive compensation. Our team benefits include:
● Competitive pay and benefits
● Flexible vacation allowance
● Startup culture backed by a secure, global brand