BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Sports Modeler for a leading Sportsbook. The Sports Modeler will be responsible for developing predictive sports models which are used to assist in the trading of events and markets.
The Sports Modeler will be responsible for building state of the art predictive models which are the foundation of profitable trading. Using analysis of large data sets, to develop sophisticated statistical models which drive probabilistic predictions.
This role would be ideally suited to an individual with experience in algorithmic modelling and quantitative analytics.
• 3+ years of relevant experience with statistical computing in R, Python or any other programming language
• 3+ years of experience with Probabilistic Modelling
• 3+ years of experience in financial or betting markets
• Experience with Machine Learning techniques
• Strong passion for working with Data Science
• Strong passion for sports and sports analytics
• Deep understanding of betting markets
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail
• Initiative to work independently, but also able to work effectively with team members in different locations
• Kaggle, Github or other ways of demonstrating practical statistical modeling experience