BettingJobs.com are current recruiting for a Senior Modeller for a market leading Sportsbook in their London office. The Senior Modeller will be responsible for the development of models and tools which are utilised by the trading team in order to create a market leading sportsbook product.
This role would ideally be suited to an individual with experience of developing automated sports betting models from a personal or professional perspective who is looking to take on the challenge of joining a market leading sportsbook.
• Understand how the models interact with the internal systems to produce and provide prices.
• Clearly explain methodologies used and reasons why to model consumers.
• Work closely with the Data Team to analyse and improve model performance and ensure all new development is data informed.
• Be involved in the verification of proposed changes, especially on derivative effects.
• Adapt model features and content in line with business priorities.
• Produce logical modelling solutions for new business requirements with an emphasis on the emerging American market.
• Support the business as required (possibly out of standard hours).
• Take a lead role in the development and maintenance of models.
• Be mainly but not exclusively involved and responsible for work on American sports.
• Working closely with the business to understand requirements particularly within the American sports market.
• Building strong relationships across the business with other teams.
• Seeing work through from development to delivery and maintaining accordingly.
• Degree educated, ideally in numerical subject.
• Experience of computer programming ideally using Python, C#, vba or similar.
• Excellent communication skills, able to understand and translate complex technical information to others.
• Understanding of the sports betting industry, sports trading and sports modelling.
• Ability to solve problems and detail reason on the methods chosen.
• Experience of building mathematical models.
• Excellent knowledge of the sports betting industry.
• The ability to mentor and work with other members of the team.