Betting Jobs are working with a very successful iGaming/sports betting software provider with development offices in Ipswich and Barcelona.
LOCATION: Ipswich or Barcelona
Work closely with a variety of team members, including Designers, Product and Senior Developers, to develop and improve online applications for multiple desktop, mobile and tablet platforms. To continually develop own skill set and learn about new technologies that could be utilized by the company to retain its competitive advantage.
• Writing code that is functional for the purpose of maintenance, bug fixing and enhancement of complex programs/features
• Verify, test and produce technical documentation of both proposed and existing software
• Lead peer code reviews ensuring solutions are stable & maintainable
• Application and leadership of software development best practice and process to achieve a well-engineered result
• Implement new solutions to improve software performance, reliability and availability of the system
• Automate testing in a CI/CD environment
• Implement new features driven by the priorities in the roadmap
• Working on new R&D endeavours using a range of modern technologies such as SignalR, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch as well as emerging approaches in machine learning
• Mentor L1 and L2 Developers
• Support the Team Lead to coordinate software solutions within the team
• Current experience with OOP, preferably C# and TypeScript
• Knowledge of SOLID principles of design.
• Experience with open source front end technologies, ideally React
• Knowledge of SignalR and Xamarin would be beneficial.
• Experience with automation and CI/CD, preferably Azure DevOps
• Knowledge and practical experience of source control and tools such as GIT
• Experience of iterative/agile (e.g. KANBAN, SCRUM, XP)
• Ability to build something from scratch
• Experience developing for web browsers (mobile and desktop) and native application (Xamarin iOS and Android)
• Employing a craftmanship approach, to develop clean, readable and enduring code
• A strong academic background (formal qualification, HND, Degree or equivalent experience)
• Aptitude for abstract reasoning
• Technology agnostic
• Broad understanding of networking, OOP frameworks and data structures
• Previous experience of coaching and mentoring others