BettingJobs are working with an innovative software development company who are looking for a Java Full Stack Developer to join their team in Madrid.
As a Java Full Stack Developer, you will join a team of innovators and tech enthusiasts! You will be collaborating with the rest of the engineering team to participate in the architecture, design, development, launching and maintenance of our web applications and API’s. You must be a strong team player, with a can-do approach who needs minimal supervision. You must also have a great passion for learning.
What you’ll be doing:
● Participating in the architecture, design, development and launching of web applications and API’s
● Ensuring that all technical requirements for new and current projects are captured, estimated, designed and implemented from a technical point of view
● Working independently on assigned components and tasks
● Maintaining existing/new web applications and API’s
● Maintaining quality control of applications and standards, ensuring best practices are followed
Who are you?
We want to see a sincere passion for developing and a person who is proactive and happy to collaborate with minimal supervision. You will need to have commercial awareness and creative curiosity! If you have DevOps experience this will be a bonus as well as having scrum/agile experience.
You will need to have the following skills:
● A minimum of 5 years experience with full-stack app development (Java 8+ in the server-side)
● Experience with the Spring ecosystem (core, Boot, Data, Cloud, …)
● Experience with Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS)
● Proficiency in developing and designing API’s
● Expert in functional programming style
● Knowledge of reactive programming
● Previous experience with microservice-based architecture
● Previous experience with containerisation technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
● DevOps experience
● Experience with in-memory databases (Redis) and RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
● Experience with event streaming (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
● Excellent problem-solving skills
● Solid communication skills
We’d also love you to have:
● Any related certification (Java, Spring, Docker, DevOps, …)
● Strong semantic/HTML5 and SASS/CSS3 valid coding
● Experience with Scala
● Experience with a JS UI framework such as ReactJS or Angular 2/3+
● Experience with distributed computing systems such as Apache Spark or Apache Storm
● Scrum/Agile experience
● Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)