BettingJobs are working with a well known business within the sports betting space, their spread betting product is very successful as well as offering further betting and gaming products. They are searching for an in-house designer to join their team, apply today for a confidential discussion.
This opening provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to join a growing team in a vibrant office based in St Albans, just outside London. They will be tasked with helping to shape the visual identity and user experience across the portfolio of different brands on our website, app and social media channels.
The successful candidate will have:
• A demonstrable understanding of the importance of developing a brand identity through the creation of visually consistent designs across multiple digital platforms
• An understanding of how people interact with websites, apps, social media and digital touch-points and how to optimise their user-journeys
• An appreciation for the principles of responsive design
• The ability to work to strict deadlines with unerring accuracy
• A keen eye for detail and an obsession with typography, design and layout
• The ambition and drive to work in a fast-paced, results-focussed environment
• The bravery to try new things, learn from failures and have fun along the way
Job description & Responsibilities:
Collaborating with a range of in-house teams and departments including marketing, business intelligence and development, the Junior Designer will be responsible for taking briefs and creating designs for a wide range of digital platforms, from landing pages, registration forms, web and app pages through to videos and static images for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Creating in-house digital adverts, assets and other visual content in line with agreed branding themes, style guidelines and colour palettes.
• Creating icons and larger vector and raster images to be used on our mobile app and website in a coherent and consistent styling theme.
• Converting hand-sketched or rough, mocked-up images, drawn by our BI and Product Development teams, into pixel-perfect, actual-size designs to be used by
our IT Development Team for product updates. Working closely with these teams to ensure that images created for them meet their needs.
• Creating annotated style-guide images or documents outlining fonts, margins, row heights etc. to be used in new product development specs.
• Ensuring responsive design is considered for all UI images created and creating multiple images with detailed notes attached, whenever designs change at different
• Testing new product releases for brand consistency. Measuring row-heights, margins, font sizes and other aesthetic visual aspects and providing developers with the feedback they need to make changes where branding and styling principles have not been met.
• Conducting regular brand and UI audits of our mobile platforms and website. Regularly viewing and measuring all key user pages across our sites and logging IT
requests if any styling or UI inconsistencies are found.
• Keeping up to date with best-practice user interface standards such as Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and developing a deep understanding of how to optimize user experiences through appropriate use of visual design, icons, images, views and controls.
• Proactively putting forward suggestions to improve controls, views and other UI elements where inconsistency is noted either within our platforms or compared with best practice guidelines.
• Creating centralized documentation outlining the design style guidelines to be used and applied across all brands and products. Keeping this updated whenever
changes are made.
• Working closely with the Marketing and IT Teams and design agencies whenever brand refresh projects are undertaken and taking responsibility for ensuring specs are created to roll new design principles out across the estate of platforms.
• Monitoring industry trends for changes in UI and design and alerting management and senior leaders to opportunities to improve our branding and styling principles where these arise.
• Responding to any other visual or image-based requests from any other department be these in relation to internal apps, printed documentation or anything else.
• 2+ years of experience working in a designer role for a brand or agency
• A portfolio which showcases an ability to produce visually inventive and effective work across a range of platforms, from website to app to social media
• Have experience of responsive design and UX design with the ability to create Wire Frames/ IA
• Preferably an understanding of front end programming concepts as the role requires close working relationship with web programmers within the wider team structure.
• Knowledge of industry standard software tools and programming languages including the following but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML5, CSS, Flash, After Effects etc.
• Understanding of sports betting a bonus