DevOps role - Remotely based
Our client is a UK based gambling/gaming technology and services company, working with many of the industries leading brands. To support business growth and also to ensure 24 hour DevOps support they are currently looking to recruit 3 DevOps Engineers for their team. Ideally candidates would be located in LATAM or Australia.
• Lots of experience administering Linux servers including
• Experience configuring firewalls and other security tools
• Some experience with the basics of database administration (installation, monitoring, backups etc.)
• Some PHP coding experience. Some of our existing infrastructure is PHP scripts right now. You'll certainly be comfortable looking at code and perhaps finding and fixing the odd bug.
• Some other programming language experience.
• Experience using EC2 and other related AWS services
• Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
• The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
What we'd like you to have in an ideal world:
• Familiarity with the basic workings of JVM-based applications, both servlet containers and newer standalone systems like Play! or Spray.
• Experience with distributed log collection such as ELK
• Familiarity with automated testing including provisioning on-demand servers
• Experience in administering PostgreSQL and/or MySQL databases
• Helping administer their existing small collection of Linux servers. Over time that will become a larger collection of EC2 instances.
• Helping look after thheir production Oracle + MySQL databases. In the future this will likely by PostgreSQL instead. They have a DBA but some cover is always useful.
• Working with developers to improve and automate all testing, deployment and monitoring processes
• Writing and maintaining a variety of scripts as required. Most existing scripts are in PHP.
• Diagnosing and helping fix production issues
• Providing 3rd line technical support for tickets raised by customers and clients
• Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
• Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
• Finding better ways that we can get things done