One of the leading sportsbetting companies in the North American market are looking for a User Acquisition Director to join their team in New Jersey or Toronto - or perhaps remote-based in North America. The Company’s sports betting app delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience and is currently available to place wagers in New Jersey, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa and Indiana. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq (SCR),
The company also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
We’re looking for a Director - User Acquisition (Owned Channels) for our sportsbook app to help drive organic user acquisition and conversion from our media app (our flagship mobile sports product) to mobile sportsbetting app. Working as part of the Sportsbook marketing team, your primary focus will be using your marketing skills to identify new and unique ways to convert the highly engaged active userbase of our sports media app to users of the sportsbook across current and future markets where we operate; developing in-app messaging and ad placements; working with the product team to develop new product integrations; and coming up with compelling new content ideas to drive interest in sports betting.
Strong in ideation, creativity and leadership, with great relationship building skills and the ability to influence others, you will be able to develop and clearly articulate a comprehensive user conversion strategy and drive it through to implementation by leveraging multiple stakeholders across the business including marketing, ad ops, product and analytics, whilst also being comfortable operating in a fast-paced and lean start-up environment where rolling your sleeves up is required to get the job done.
● Develop strategies to segment, target and convert users of the sports media app to betting app.
● Collaborate with marketing, analytics and ad ops to create a calendar of conversion campaigns around sporting events and to support the sportsbook marketing activity.
● Perform campaign management, tracking and measurement of all conversion-based campaigns.
● Provide timely and accurate reporting against core metrics and KPIs.
● Provide thought leadership on best practice user acquisition and conversion tactics.
● Keeping up with latest trends in digital marketing and the sports betting industry.
● Working closely with the CRM team to ensure a holistic customer lifecycle approach.
● Other duties as required.
● 5+ years of relevant work experience in marketing (digital media preferred).
● Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related discipline.
● Evidence of delivering commercially successful customer growth initiatives.
● Ability to think strategically and problem solve in a fast-paced tech environment.
● Experience working in a team and managing direct reports.
● Knowledge of mobile app marketing channels and tactics including ASO, push notification marketing, etc.
● Strong interest in sports (NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, etc.)
● Previous experience with mobile attribution tools, preference towards Appsflyer and
Branch highly regarded.
● Great attention to detail.
● Data and results oriented.
What We Offer:
● Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
● Comprehensive Benefits package.
● Fun, relaxed work environment.
● Education and conference reimbursements.
● Parental leave top-up.