BettingJobs is working with a leading sportsbook and casino operator seeking to grow the team with a General Manager for Italy and South Europe.
This role will serve as a driving force behind the launch, growth, ROI and scalability of regional marketing programmes, and the successful candidate will welcome working in a lean, performance-driven environment while maintaining a strong sense of team, collaboration and imagination.
A senior position that comes with strategic oversight, P&L ownership and operational responsibility, the General Manager will be highly engaged in the long-term roadmap for these regions, but meanwhile agile enough to act on fresh opportunities on the fly.
A passionate and data-driven marketer, you have your finger firmly on the pulse of the very latest digital consumer trends and know what it takes to drive profitable traffic in what is a highly competitive and regulated Italian betting landscape.
You’re a sports fan, you draw on this knowledge, and marry it with your strong instinct for commercial operations. You will have strong skills and experience relating to core digital commerce verticals and possess the creativity, know-how and hunger to explore new channels in region. You have the tenacity and ability to meet the market’s operational needs, helping to oversee core local functions such as product, compliance and customer service.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure localised product offering and operational readiness for launch into the Italian market
• Facilitate strong relationships with our strategic platform partners
• P&L ownership for Italy and Southern European markets
• Deliver the agreed customer acquisition target KPIs
• Define detailed marketing plans to target the Italian market
• Drive the product and content localisation to ensure suitability for the markets
• Develop and execute the campaign plan and player communication including campaign briefing, helping to define customer target segments, brainstorming
• with copywriters and designers, signing off assets and marketing material
• Constant monitoring and evaluation of campaigns in order to ensure they’re compliant, efficient and generate ROI
• Communicate as needed to key departments within the business - Customer Service, Affiliate Marketing, Content, Design, Product and BI departments
• Keep a firm handle on market and industry knowledge. Ensure all relevant regulations and relationships with third parties are maintained
• Regular communication and reporting of business performance against target KPIs
• Work closely with the Business Intelligence function to analyze business performance
Skills & Experience:
• A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a related marketing role
• A minimum 3+ years’ track record of working in Betting within Italy specifically
• Excellent communication skills in Italian and English
• Budget-management proficiency
• Analytical skills to assess existing deals and forecast and identify trends
• Strong presentation skills and ability to convey strategic plans across different levels of the organisation
• Experience representing a well-established brand