We are working with a major international mining business, seeking a highly-accomplished health & safety professional for a significant position in their business. This role is available on a remote basis.
1. Project Identification & Planning
• Act as a program leader to drive and deliver any future investments in HSE technology
• Coordinate with global team the design the HSE strategy such as the development of the operating model and continuous improvement roadmap
• Responsible for managing new projects in the HSE technology space: prepare business case, ensure leadership alignment, establish project team and kick-off project with multifunctional business functions
• Responsible for project planning and governance
• Accountable for data cleansing and mapping
2. Project Delivery: Application design & Build
• Establish vision, opportunities, and process to further standardize and warehouse data for improved information gathering, processing, and analysis
• Manage and oversee development of functional/ design (business) specifications or requirements for any changes/additions to systems that support HSE
• Ensure throughout design and deployment that business needs are met through proposed solution
3. Project Delivery: Change Management
• Responsible for identifying and aligning stakeholders
• Accountable for change impact, coordinate change and communicate/manage stakeholders as a result to any application service change in the HSE function
4. Continuous Business Improvement
• Own business applications roadmap for the HSE space
• Collaborate with other Digital Business Process Leads in other business areas on ways of working, integrating as appropriate and building a digital culture.
The successful candidate will be a strategic minded leader in that will be able to bring the HSE and technology space together. This candidate will have demonstrated ability to drive change across distributed process across a substantial organization. Furthermore, this person will be able visualize resolutions to optimize operational processes through technology.
This individual will have vast experience in HSE in the mining sector and navigating complex global organization, forging relationships and managing through influence.
Key qualifications include:
• 10+ years operational experience in the opening pit and/or underground mining experience
• Significant experience in HSE systems implementation
• Having a deep understanding of mining in the industry or related industries such as natural resources or construction
• Able to design, configure, deploy and test system in accordance to business requirements; create trainings for deployed systems.
• Lead through influence: Excellent communication and very strong stakeholder management skills
• Ability to work multifunctionally and across different regions.
• Ability to think of the “big picture”.