One of the leading iGaming companies providing full turnkey services to top brands worldwide under 9 local gaming licenses are looking for a Head of Compliance in Cyprus.
Founded in 2005 we have grown in terms of both product line up and reputation having developed and produced the Casino Software for a multitude of Online Casino success stories. Currently, we provide over 1200 different Slots and table games to many white label and full turnkey partners with CRM, Retention, Processing, Payments and Support
The Head of Compliance would responsible for ensuring that appropriate processes, systems, and structures are in place to manage compliance with the Company’s legal and regulatory obligations, in particular regarding online compliance and the online gambling industry.
You should have proven experience as in Compliance in a gambling or highly regulated environment. A high-level of attention to detail is essential with an ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
Competencies/Responsibilities (with demonstrable experience)
• Be the groups expert in the development and implementation of regulations and processes in respect of gambling compliance and governance.
• Support the business to draft, amend and implement appropriate compliance policies and procedures as required due to changes in regulations and business initiatives.
• Recognising gaps in existing processes or arising from new regulations and ensuring that the correct remedial actions are put in place to close these gaps.
• Responsibility for conducting regular risk assessments of processes and procedures to ensure that they reflect current legal, technical, and operational requirements, especially regarding Gambling Commission compliance requirements.
• Ensure all marketing approvals are consistent across the group and meet the industry standards e.g. GamCare regulations.
• Lead new license applications in consultation with legal partners and regulators.
• Establish and maintain a rapport with Regulators acting as main point of contact (UK, Spain, Sweden, Portugal, etc. ) to ensure that good relations are fostered.
• Provide and deliver reports to the Managing Director, Directors and other stakeholders regarding compliance updates and developments.
• Manage regulatory inspections, examinations and reporting obligations.
• Conduct internal compliance audits.
• Provide appropriate and targeted compliance training sessions to new and current employees.
• Be the prime contact for Anti Money Laundering / proceeds of crime act (MLRO)
• Manage the compliance team, both technical and regulatory, ensuring that the team receives the necessary advice, guidance and assistance they require from their manager to enable them to carry out their day-to-day job.
• Minimum 3 years of working compliance experience of online gambling regulations, ideally in a variety of different jurisdictions.
• In-depth understanding of the gaming industry, products, operators, and trends.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Experience drafting internal compliance policies and manuals.
• Adapting and implementing policies and procedures with reference to Safer Gambling and Anti-money Laundering.
• Direct contact with regulators on a variety of different matters. Able to build and maintain excellent relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
• Integrity & Openness - demonstrating a fair, consistent, open, and honest approach.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
• In possession of a relevant qualification and ideally, with a legal background but not essential.
• Experience of decision making in specific customer cases related to Safer Gambling and AML.
• Establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust and credibility.
• Remuneration package depending on skills, qualifications, and experience.
• Exciting company activities.
• Friendly and Dynamic work environment.
• Position based, Cyprus.