This role can be based in either Lousiville, Kentucky or Vancouver. Candidates must be eligible to work in the USA or Canada without sponsorship.
We are looking for flexible individuals who have a strategic viewpoint and are able to grow as we grow our data warehouse and Business Intelligence capabilities. First and foremost you have to be passionate about working with data. Second you have to get a thrill from business people gaining insight from your reporting and analysis. Third, you need to be detail oriented. Responsibilities will include team lead duties, business analyst duties, data analyst duties, reporting and data visualization development, and quality assurance.
• Ability to understand strategic business goals and anticipate needs in order to communicate priorities and requirements in technical terms to BI Engineering team for implementation
• Skilled with using advanced SQL, including knowledge of sub queries, aggregate functions like sum, min, max, and windowing functions like first_value, last_value, lead, lag, etc.
• Provide strong analytical support and guidance for the marketing team through analysis and reporting
• Perform statistical analysis on experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business analysts
• Designs experiments and methodologies to generate and collect data for business use.
• Use advanced visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis.
• Maintain strong and effective working relationships with Product Management, Engineering, IT, and other business teams
• Effectively write, present and communicate research results with recommendations to leadership across the organization
Education and/or Experience
• Experience working with business teams to identify and define problems
• Experience with analytical techniques used for data analysis and exploration
• Experience using SQL for analysis including collecting, assembling, cleansing and formatting data, and validation of results
• Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and present findings
• Experience using any statistical software package (R preferred, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
• Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis - knowledge of MicroStrategy is a plus
• Experience using at least one programming language to move and parse data sets.
• Experience with effectively writing, presenting and communicating research results to other teams.
• Experience being a scrum product owner or product manager is a plus
• Experience in gaming and online wagering is a plus
• 5-8 years of experience working in an analytical/research environment