This role can be based in either Louisville, Kentucky or Vancouver. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States or Canada without sponsorship.
We are looking for flexible individuals who have a strategic viewpoint and are able to grow as we grow our data warehouse and Business Intelligence capabilities. First and foremost you have to be passionate about working with data. Second you have to get a thrill from business people gaining insight from your reporting and analysis. Third, you need to be detail oriented. Responsibilities will include leading the BI team in day-to-day and strategic activities; provide thought leadership to business unit leads; and setting the standards for work quality and approaches within the BI group.
• Ability to understand strategic business goals and anticipate needs in order to communicate priorities and requirements in technical terms to BI team for implementation
• Lead the BI team and provide career mentoring
• Skilled with using advanced SQL techniques and BI visualization tools
• Provide strong analytical support and guidance for the marketing, finance, operations, and executive teams through analysis and reporting
• Guide the statistical analysis on experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business analysts
• Work with the team to design experiments and methodologies to generate and collect data for business use
• Maintain strong and effective working relationships with Product Management, Engineering, IT, and other business teams
• Effectively write, present and communicate research results with recommendations to leadership across the organization
Education and/or Experience
• Experience in leading and managing BI teams
• BI experience working in an online wagering environment
• Experience with analytical techniques used for data analysis and exploration
• Experience using SQL for analysis including collecting, assembling, cleansing and formatting data, and validation of results
• Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and present findings
• Experience using any statistical software package (R preferred, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
• Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis - knowledge of MicroStrategy is a plus
• Experience with effectively writing, presenting and communicating research results to other teams.
• 7+ years of experience working in an analytical/research environment