We are currently working with one of the most successful sportsbetting brands, since their establishment in 1998 theyhave grown to be one of the leading, fully licensed online betting and gaming operators.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for executing and delivering technology projects containing multiple, interrelated efforts to achieve internal Business Initiatives. You will use your strong interpersonal skills to identify and engage with project stakeholders and then manage all ongoing communications to ensure all are kept informed at an appropriate level.
You will also be responsible for identifying and analyzing project opportunities, performing risk management, determining the project execution approach, estimating project scope and timelines, preparing time/resource estimates, and facilitating project meetings and execution.
You will also assist with introducing and promoting the use and adherence to industry Project Management Methodology/Framework standards, policies, procedures, and best practices across the field.
Therefore, we are looking for someone with the following profile: credibility, creative problem-solver, tolerance for ambiguity, flexible management style, proactive, and effective communications skills.
Essential Job Functions / Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Research the impact of a project on other areas of the business and plan for mitigation or elimination of identified risks
• Establishes project requirements, priorities, deadlines , and team structure
• Correctly identify project stakeholders, provide them with regular updates with project progress, timely escalations with project risks and consult them for project decisions
• Conduct competitive analysis and perform benchmark studies
• Support the product sponsor to produce & prioritize the product/project backlog for development and estimation
• Gain the commitment of those responsible for making required decisions regarding functionality and behaviors of a proposed IT solution throughout the lifecycle of a project
• Select the most appropriate project execution methodology for a change initiative (Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid)
• Ensure valid and accurate metrics are produced across all disciplines
• Oversee end-to-end testing and manage key issues with business and operations partners
• Manage stakeholder expectations and communication
• Build and reinforce relationships with stakeholders through the whole project chain, as well as with other teams
• Ensure projects are well defined, aligned to business goals, well documented and appropriately reported
Skills & Qualifications
• Good planning, organizational and time management skills, including ability to estimate effort and duration of Project Management tasks
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to drive through ambiguous and complex situations
• Ability to present ideas, solicit input, negotiate compromise, influence decisions, and garner support of stakeholders
• Ability to make and help others make the best decision based on appropriate criteria, such as business need, opportunities, risk, compliance, and ability to achieve the desired outcome
• Good communication skills. Crisp & clear verbal communication with the ability to be assertive when speaking to a diverse audience. Fluency in written and spoken English
• Good facilitation skills. Ability to command/lead facilitation meetings with clear & specific agenda. Keep the audience attentive and active in participation of the meetings
• Strong ability to manage changes to scope, roadmaps, and backlog
• Be able to deliver solutions with an equal focus on the operational/business models as well as the technology solution
• PM certification (e.g. PRINCE-II, PMP) and/or agile certification (e.g. scrum) are preferable
Knowledge & Experience
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combined with 3+ years of experience in project management
• Experience in managing IT related projects, from start (initiation) to end (implementation and retrospective), including phases such as planning, analysis, design, development, QA and UAT
• Proven experience with various software delivery methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile (e.g. Scrum)
• Programming experience is a big plus (any language)
• A history of leading and supporting successful projects, using various methods, such as PRINCEII/PMP, Agile, DSDM and/or SCRUM.
• A thorough understanding of project management, change management, business process management.
• Knowledge of sports betting and sports data feed providers is preferable
• Knowledge of ISO27001 control requirements would be hugely beneficial