A fast-growing payments provider to the online gaming sector is seeking experienced Ruby Developers to join their operation on a remote basis.
Candidates must be energetic, extremely motivated and self-driven to work in a fast moving environment. The ability to work in a small team and to communicate with the end users is necessary. Quality code is of utmost importance - the application is in production and errors are expensive.This is a unique opportunity to be part of a vibrant, agile and growing business.
Design, develop, support and maintain our SaaS (software as a service) web application and the architecture that surrounds it.
Write clean, maintainable and efficient code with a high level of quality.
Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards).
Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into the system.
● Commercial experience with the Ruby on Rails framework and all the relevant technologies that go with it. In particular we are seeking
● A solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
● Experience with Unit testing.
● Experience with Integration testing, Cucumber would be an advantage.
● Source control – GIT and deployment methodologies.
● Agile Development.
● At least 3 years working with Ruby on Rails.
● Relational database experience.
Advantages (but not essential):
● Experience with Postgres RDB.
● Experience and understanding of cloud computing.
● Exposure to AWS.
● Experience and understanding of MVC, REST, API's.
● Experience with online payments
● Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.