The Senior Systems Software Engineer will be reporting to the Game Server Manager and will be responsible for building high end transaction systems, converting and re-architecting our current systems to support new markets, horizontal scaling, and new gaming technologies. The Senior Systems Software Engineer will bring fresh and innovative new ideas into the design to facilitate unique situations and support unique gaming requirements. The Senior Systems Software Engineer works on a team using an agile software development life cycle and DevOps methodology working closely with other groups including the Operations and Platform Gaming team.
• Designing and coding of new software products.
• Convert and re-design applications from C++ to C#/.NET
• Performing code analysis and performance profiling.
• Create new processes and tailor new best practices for Casino industry.
• Rapidly prototyping solutions to demonstrate to team.
• Deliver reliable, secure, and efficient software with designs that are modular, horizontal and reusable
• Designing, documenting, and maintaining product architecture congruent with technology and market trends.
• Work with all AGS Development and Operation groups to deliver best possible solution from start to finish in Dev cycle.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or similar
• 7+ years of work experience in a high speed transactional and horizontal systems development
• Proficient with C#/.NET 4.0+, XML
• Working knowledge in Microsoft C++
• Deep understanding of the TCP/IP stack and Network Socket/performance optimization
• Deep understanding/Experience with MSSQL
• Understanding of Windows Server API
• Gaming or any high traffic transactional industry experience preferred
• Fluency in coding and systems design and a desire to tackle the complex problems