BettingJobs are working with an established multi-brand operator who develop their platform inhouse, they are searching for a backend PHP Developer to join their team in Amsterdam. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
Are you the forward-thinking, passionate and experienced Backend developer that will help us fly?
We bring entertainment to the largest number of people. We put all our passion in creating solutions to make people enjoy and smile. You will get the opportunity to be part of the world of online gaming, making it bigger and better based on your ideas. You will get to work with our strong international team, consisting of unique individuals driven by their personal passions and every single one of them with entrepreneurship in their DNA.
Your challenge? Innovate and transform
You will be given a lot of freedom and the opportunity to contribute your own input to develop and maintain online gaming platforms. And we’re not talking about a couple of cute little online gaming sites, but large online multiplayer platforms giving tens of thousands of gamers all around the world the opportunity to have fun. Which means that our platforms have to run and function 24/7! So they must be stable, quick and problem-free. Your skills as a developer are the crucial links here because you will:
Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging. Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications. Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic. Write, maintain and document unit and integration tests, and write up new and modified functionality. Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features. Produce and develop innovative and smart solutions. Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
What you offer
Innovation and transformation demands guts and entrepreneurship to be able to identify and resolve any and all challenges together with your team. And to put your shoulders to the wheel rather than sitting back and waiting for things to happen. And that’s why we need the very best developers, which means that you have:
• Proven work experience as a Backend developer using PHP.
• Working experience with MVC frameworks (Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, Slim, etc).
• Hands on experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
• Deep knowledge of web services (REST, SOAP).
• Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN).
• Experience in Unit testing framework and unit testing practices.
• In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment) and Agile methodologies.
Also, you will:
• Be familiar with Linux systems and shell scripting.
• Be familiar with continuous integration tools.
• Have superb communication skills in both written and spoken English.
• Have teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
• Have experience in the iGaming industry (a plus).
What we offer
• A job where you’ll be developing for major online multiplayer platforms.
• A very competitive salary package, depending on your knowledge and experience.
• Lots of creative freedom and space for your own initiatives and contributions.
• The most fantastic work environment you can imagine, with a team of committed, no-nonsense creative specialists in the heart of Amsterdam.
• A MacBook Pro to work with and... uber-tasty coffee.