Group IT Project Manager, Africa Middle East (AME)
BettingJobs are currently working with the global leader in Gold and Copper Mining with mining operations and offices across the globe. Their company operates without traditional corporate structures, with lean empowered teams to get on with value added activities in a fast paced environment.
The role is AME (Africa & Middle East) based with a specific focus on African mine site IT infrastructure, software and data projects. The company is looking for a person with a passion for technology, with the ability to still get into the details, be hands on when required with a longer term view of becoming a technology leader, so this would be a transitional role.
- Support Africa and Middle East Head of IT to manage AME projects, coordinate operations and work with vendors to support the Regions Mine sites and Infrastructure.
- Travel to AME operations to establish relationships with General Managers and on Site IT staff and Functional Managers.
- Support AME Networking and Cloud engineering lead with Networking and Cloud Engineering, Cyber Security and Data Platform projects.
- Be key interface between site IT and Barrick key strategic IT partners for daily activities.
- Support Global SAP rollout from an infrastructure point of view.
- Support Group Reporting and Data integration projects.
- Travel to North America to interface with Cloud and Networking teams and align on global initiatives.
- Support Global Cyber Security solution implementations.
- Support and regional Service Delivery system implementations.
- Identify and work with new and strategic technology partners including commercial evaluations and negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 6+ years in a hands on technical role such as Networking Engineer, Software Developer, Infrastructure Engineer.
- Well rounded full stack IT operations experience.
- Entrepreneurial in approach with the ability to assume multiple roles, and with a “do what it takes” mentality.
- 2+ years in a team lead role in successful projects or part of a team with a very good track record.
- Value driven, ownership mindset.
- Able to operate with initiative and ability to work unsupervised.
- Able to extensively Travel to Europe, North America and Africa.