BettingJobs are working with an award winning B2B casino games provider, they have 5 studios based across Europe and Asia. They are searching for an Infrastructure Specialist Engineer to join their team based in London. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
We are looking for a Infrastructure Specialist Engineer to join our growing team in our London office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the various processes on infrastructure environments on different operating systems and platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, Private Clouds and On-Prem).
• Be responsible for evaluating the business needs and produce various designs to achieve the assigned projects.
• Break down the projects into action points and milestones including follow-up.
• Provide systems expertise and drive operational best practices.
• Ensure cost-effective and efficient operations and measuring feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations.
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining performance system monitoring.
• Responsible for documentation, knowledge transfer and information sharing, both within the squad and with other relevant departments.
• Consult with colleagues throughout the organisation - Ensure that new applications and infrastructure are secure from the project initiation phase.
• Automation - Build automation processes and help drive the adoption of automated processes deployment practices in Azure and AWS.
• Contribute with infrastructure team (network, hardware, OS, database administration, security etc) competency.
• Provide escalated technical support to customers by handling systems-related issues; may provide on-call technical support telephonically and/or electronically.
• Manage third parties’ services such as Application consultants, software licences etc..
• Analyse and resolve infrastructure deficiencies and conduct testing to enhance performance.
• Conducts significant projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
• Provide technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other teams in the organization.
• Perform repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
• Experience in providing environments on different platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, Private Clouds and On-Prem).
• Experience with Microsoft technologies (SQL Server, IIS, Windows Server, Azure Active Directory and Office 365).
• Monitor and maintain Microsoft Windows and Linux systems.
• Server installation, configuration and maintenance.
• Hands-on Experience with Networking, TCP/IP.
• Next Generation Firewalls Installation, Maintenance and Configuration.
• Design and Implementation with high availability.
• SSL certificate management.
• Perform proactive analysis of infrastructure capacity and performance.
• Perform system backup and recovery.
• Updates and creates new monitoring policies on threat and vulnerability event capture. Updates inventory of assets to help capture normal behaviour/activities within the company.
• Works to ensure security systems/appliances are functional and improved upon for pro-active cyber defence.
• Develop process automation.
• Understanding of complex information and requirements.
• An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under own initiative.
• Always ready to help attitude.
Personal skills, behaviour:
• Driven and motivated team member.
• Strives to maintain a clear focus on delivering leading-edge technology.
• Excellent trouble-shooter with a creative mindset.
• Meticulous with an eye for details.
• Curious and inquisitive.
• Risk averse.
• Expertise in data centre management and data governance will be preferred.
• Experience with Security technologies (Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Azure, Office 365 and AWS).
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
• Hands-on knowledge of container / container orchestration technology with Docker and/or Kubernetes.
• Background with CI/CD tools: Octopus, Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab, TeamCity.
• Scripting Proficiency in PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Perl or other.