Head of Software Engineering Opportunity - London
We are working with a client outside of the iGaming space on this very interesting head of software engineering opportunity. The company are an auction house established since 1793 in the UK and 1865 in the US, with years of experience in the auction world at more than 200 years old, but they are always learning and looking ahead! Modern in their outlook, open and approachable.
In your role as the Head of Software Engineering you will be required to carry out the following:
• Lead and manage all global development activities within the organisation supporting the digital transformation programme
• Manage and develop a small team (~6) of full stack and web developers
• Working closely with Product and Service delivery leads in defining and prioritising all development initiatives in accordance with the core roadmap
• Develop a next generation technology platform leveraging the current AMS (Auction Management System) and defining new interfaces to utilise off the shelf technology partners where appropriate
• Improve the development process such that projects can be easily assigned to developers and environments utilising continuous delivery and automated testing mechanisms
• Ensure sprints are aligned with overall programmes of work and budget
• Identify skills and technology gaps to ensure necessary investments are made to develop the team and the platform
• Maintain all software and services in a compliant, performant and secure state
• The ability to develop and lead the software architecture and ensure alignment with the vision is essential to the role
The role will be based full time at the London New Bond Street office with flexible home working as the business requires.
The role is ideally suited to a candidate currently working as a lead/principal developer looking to take the next step up into a senior management position within development.
• At least 10 years development experience and specially 5 years as a technical lead within a development department/team
• It is essential that the candidate be familiar with ecommerce solutions although familiarity with the Auction business is not required
• A thorough understanding of relational and no-SQL database technologies and their specific application to solving business and data problems
• Designing and developing APIs and mobile Apps
• Experience in continuous integration tools (such as Jenkins) is a plus
• Experience in Docker and microservice architectures would be desirable
• Usage of cloud platforms, containers, Kubernetes and SaaS services while not essential would be extremely beneficial to assist Bonhams in its digital transformation
• Proficient at building efficient and modern interfaces for a global workforce complimented with ETL and data analytics services
• Integrations with leading CMS providers would be useful
• Experience with the current Bonhams technology stack such as Progress, Sphinx, Postgres, RabbitMQ would be desirable but not essential