Betting Jobs are working with a very well-established European sports betting and iGaming brand who have recently moved over to Malta as an expansion from their main HQ in Gibraltar. They are looking to add to their German-speaking compliance team with this Safer Gambling Officer (DE) position.
• Monitor player activity and take preventative action if their behaviour is indicative that a problem exists.
• Carry out customer interactions on email and telephone. These calls can be of a sensitive nature with some customers in difficult situations or have personal issues.
• Monitoring previously excluded customers attempting to access the facilities.
• Ensure any disputes are resolved to licence guidelines fairly to both the customer and company.
• Follow defined processes and procedures to monitor customer activity and interact accordingly.
• Conduct phone conversations with customers to ensure they understand the safer gambling tools available, where to find them and carry out affordability questions.
• Suggest new systems to recognise unusual behaviour and identify potential problem gamblers and take steps to prevent any further losses.
• Ensure all systems are functioning and working efficiently.
• Ensure that all incoming queries are dealt with accurately and in a timely manner.
• Understanding of safer gambling and problem gambling behaviour and be able to recognise the signs that would indicate a customer has a gambling issue.
• Previous experience of working in a Safer Gambling environment preferred.
• Good decision-making skills.
• Eye for detail.
• Flexible and reactive to change
• Able to work as part of a team and alone
• Have an objective mind and be able to make on the spot decisions
• Be able to handle pressure
• Strong grasp of written German and the ability to create and update standard interactions
• Confident at proposing new ideas and in a continuous improvement environment
• Able to carry out difficult calls requiring empathy and the ability to ask direct questions without embarrassment