Betting Jobs are working with a very well-established European sports betting and iGaming brand who have recently moved over to Malta as an expansion from their main HQ in Gibraltar. They are looking to add to their German-speaking compliance team with this Enhanced Due Diligence Team Leader (DE) position.
• Allocation of daily work tasks and supporting the officers where there is a need to maintain service levels.
• Ensure we are fully compliant with the GBGC LCCP and GGC. All licencing objectives are adhered to.
• Review and analyse received Source of funds/wealth documentation to ensure that customers are gambling with legitimately derived income as well as addressing and identifying any affordability concerns.
• Produce detailed summaries of SOF/SOW account reviews ensuring they are escalated to key internal stakeholders.
• Monitor activity; improve operating efficiency and the contact handling quality. Prepare and assist in performance appraisals for EDD Officers.
• Educate, develop, and motivate staff to meet or exceed service levels, quality and operational expectations.
• Acting as first point of contact for escalated queries ensuring Officers are shown how to deal with such queries in the future.
• Carry out customer interactions on email and telephone. These interactions are of a sensitive nature with some difficult conversations, situations and personal issues.
• Resolving escalated customer queries and completing account reviews and summaries for the AML Manager.
• Ensure all systems are functioning and working efficiently.
• Ensure that all incoming queries are dealt with accurately and in a timely manner.
• A Native German speaker and fluent in English
• Experience of working within an AML environment in the online gambling industry.
• Previous experience of reviewing customer SOF/SOW documentation.
• Previous Team Leader Experience preferred.
• An inquisitive mind able to use common sense to ask the right questions when assessing customers’ behaviour and documentation.
• Motivated, well organised, and accurate with a high attention to detail.
• Able to work on own initiative and strive to continually improve processes
• Strong communication skills, and ability to influence all levels to ensure the Compliance department always operates within a compliant framework
• Ability to work under pressure, able to prioritise, multi-task and deliver tasks to deadlines.
• Confident telephone manner with the ability to communicate with customers in a clear and positive way.