Betting Jobs are working with a very well-established European sports betting and iGaming brand who have recently moved over to Malta as an expansion from their main HQ in Gibraltar. They are looking to add to their German-speaking compliance team with this Enhanced Due Diligence Officer position.
Reporting to the EDD Team Leader, acts as part of a Due Diligence team to ensure adherence to remote gambling licensing objectives and Know Your Customer (KYC) obligations.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Responsible for maintaining AML processes, including enhanced due diligence and customer VIP profiling, assessing (and validating as appropriate) level and source of funds/wealth.
• Responsible for adhering to Safer Gambling policies and processes including making assessments on how, and when, to interact with customers including recording, and reviewing all contact made with rationales.
• Contact customers, where appropriate to ascertain affordability, verify source of funds/wealth and request further information and documentation.
• Ensure that all incoming queries are dealt with accurately and in a timely manner.
• Native German speaker
• 3+ years online gaming experience within CS/VIP or Compliance departments.
• Understanding GB and MGA licensing objectives
• Demonstrates ability to monitor, report on, and make recommendations on players based on set criteria, thresholds and triggers.
• An inquisitive mind able to use common sense to ask the right questions when assessing customers’ behaviour and documentation.
• Strong communication skills, and ability to influence all levels to ensure the Compliance department always operates within a compliant framework
• Comfortable using range of software programmes including MS Office.
• An extremely well organised individual, able to prioritise, multi-task and deliver tasks to deadlines.
• Confident telephone manner with the ability to communicate with customers in a clear and positive way.