Customer Support Manager
The Customer Support Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining good working relationships between internal and external customers to ensure quality support, responsiveness, and high customer satisfaction. This position requires a passion for problem-solving and process improvement; a deep understanding of Internet technologies, finance, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
● Hire, train and manage new staff
● Provide mentor ship to ensure customer support department is providing effective, timely, and professional client communication
● Oversee the staff’s performance reviews, set goals and objectives
● Work closely with Senior Management to evaluate current processes and systems and assist in planning and implementing new procedures and systems to maximize efficiency
● Review performance data to measure and monitor productivity and goal progress
● Demonstrates an understanding of customers’ needs and how to deliver results; leads employees to demonstrate superior customer service values and focus.
● Provide leadership and guidance to employees, maintain ongoing two-way communications, and promote professionalism, teamwork, and outstanding service.
● Hire, develop, train, and promote high performing individuals who will provide quality support to customers. Maintain technical competence of consultants by identifying needs, establishing, and conducting training and skill enhancement programs.
● Responsible for management of contact handling metrics and staffing requirements for maximum efficiency of Support operations.
● Facilitate customer resolution for escalated calls and follow up with dissatisfied customers to ensure issues are resolved and the customers are satisfied.
● Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction, and the application of tools for monitoring, management, and optimization.
● Deliver KPIs, Metrics, status reports to management on a weekly basis
● In-depth experience with JIRA, in the deployment and or support of applications for manufacturing, finance, customer service, procurement.
● Monitor, coach, and mentor the operations of the application development team and provide regular feedback.
● Work with business and IT teams and manage all project requirements.
● Develop work schedules and ensure all application work within the work schedule.
● Ability to interpret and convert end-user requirements to specifications in a wide range of systems to achieve the desired business results
● Develop professional relationships with internal customers and establish effective solutions to meet business requirements and provide regular feedback
● Troubleshoot and manage the fix to problems that occur in the everyday use of applications in conjunction with regular tasks
● Manage and provide support to critical business application systems processes and design functional requirements.
● Ability to document in detail IT Functional and user testing in accordance with our Software Development Life Cycle
● Manage the development for application logic, user interfaces, data interfaces, and reports ● Determine and analyze various processes and implement changes for improvement.
● Collaborate with the architectural and quality assurance team and achieve all quality deliverables.
● Prepare documents and evaluate it for accuracy.
● Provides direction to technical support staff within a sound organizational structure where employees understand their roles and the work is clearly defined.
● Coaches and develops subordinates to achieve goals and objectives. Additional supervisory responsibilities include staff selection, performance appraisals, assisting with training and development.
● Uses metrics and data-driven decision-making to arrive at correct tactical decisions and process improvement.
● Interacts with internal customers, functional peer groups, vendors and management.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● 3+ years customer support experience
● 2+ years management experience,
● Proficiency in MS Office suite, multi-channel contact center software, and client communication tracking software
● Motivating leader with strong motivational skills
● Excellent communication skills
● High level of integrity, strong analysis, and decision-making skills
● Ability to delegate, plan and remain organized
● Background in Call Center management
● Internet Technical Support experience
● Financial Support experience
● Ability to understand and communicate highly complex technical/financial issues
● Capacity to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
● Demonstrated performance and team management experience
● Strong sense of urgency; Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated analytical skills that translate to action
● Demonstrated Leadership abilities and achievement-oriented
● Capability to influence cross-functional teams
● Strong technical analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills, including research of software application errors, issue re-creation, and data analysis
● Working knowledge of process improvement practices