BettingJobs are working with an award winning B2B casino game provider who are searching for a Lead Game Designer to join their team. The role can be based from any of their European Studios - Budapest, Hungary, London, UK, Sliema, Malta, Växjö, Sweden. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
We are looking for a Lead Sound Designer to join our growing team. The Lead Game Designer will report to the CPO and have full responsibility for the sound department including turning creative input into tangible sound direction as well as research and best practices in sound design for our product ranges. You will also manage a group of sound designers and the requirements for our engines and GDKs and tool chains involving anything sound related.
The position also requires creative ideas around sound design and collaborative teamwork within a group of skilled peers covering every discipline of game development.
• Build up and manage a team of Sound Designers
• Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
• Setting clear team goals for improvement in your team.
• Delegating tasks and set deadlines for your team.
• Monitor team performance and motivate team members.
• Discover training needs and provide coaching.
• Establish well working best practices for audio designs and pro-actively follow up within the on-going productions to ensure proper implementation.
• Work closely with our external suppliers and contractors for audio asset production planning and delivery as well as handling the relationship and sourcing new suppliers as needed.
• Ensure that all audio design and assets are up to AAA standards in quality.
• Work closely with leads and directors to ensure that the audio design and audio production supports the games creative vision and direction.
• Identifying audio opportunities and asset needs for commercial and promotional products in a self-driven but collaborative manner
• Establish and maintain the sound production and implementation pipeline and set the requirements for development of propriety tools and development as well as managing the use of 3rd party tools related to audio production and implementation.
• Make high quality audio samples.
• Produce original sound, used as temporary or final asset (SFX, ambiance...).
• Apply music theory and concepts when working with audio design.
• Implement of all types of audio assets using proprietary and 3rd party tools ensuring that all are up to AAA standards in quality.
• Work closely with Game Designers & Art Directors to ensure that the audio design supports the game direction.
• Testing, debugging, and assuring the functional quality of all audio in an assigned project.
• Work closely and collaborate with our external parties in creating sounds and maintaining quality.
You are the ideal candidate if you have the following experience:
• Highly organised, experienced in running multiple projects and delivering to tight deadlines.
• Have a yes-can-do attitude, a person that is a doer and not afraid to get their hands dirty.
• Abundance of an engaging leadership.
• Be passionate in whatever you do and want to make a difference in the I-gaming sector.
• Able to demonstrate strong management skills including communication, negotiation and facilitation.
• Experience in creating audio for games or multimedia applications.
• Sound Design / Audio Engineering diploma or other relevant educational background (Music/Audio related).
• Minimum 3 years (preferably 5 years)
• Education experience can be replaced with work experience for the right candidate.
• Preference for a candidate with previous casino, i-gaming or game industry experience.
• Excellent knowledge of industry standard audio tools and Middleware applications.
• Deep musical culture & references.
• Strong artistic and creative sense.
• Good knowledge of game audio techniques and audio production fundamentals.
• Good understanding of the video game/I-gaming development process.
• Team player who can share his/her ideas with others as well as independently.
• Highly motivated, with a passion for audio and gaming.
• Ability to accept critique and to listen to direction.
• Well organized and autonomous.
• Excellent communicator (spoken and written) and good interpersonal skills.
• Proven track record of high-quality sound design, showing creative flair