BettingJobs is working with an established betting solutions provider seeking to grow their London based team with the addition of an E-Sports Trader.
This is a new position to join an expanding, innovative trading team. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for E-sports, and an understanding of In-Play Trading. A high level of numeracy is essential.
• Will have a strong knowledge of competitive gaming and have a strong interest in the wider e-sport environment, and have an understanding of both current and future trends
• Will have strong knowledge into the games that are offered (Tekken, NHL, NBA & Street Fighter) and understand the intricacies that each sport brings to the trader app.
• Will understand the processes involved for trading Competitive Gaming from start to finish
• Support the ongoing development of other colleagues by sharing knowledge and expertise appropriately and being shadowed.
• Will be able to relay their technical point of view to non-technical members of staff in a clear and organised manner and log any technical issues with service desk clearly as they happen.
• Will be fully involved in an agile methodology of product management, providing vital expert knowledge to the ongoing improvement of the Competitive Gaming product.
• Will rigorously test the algorithm, analysing customer betting data and aiding with other improvements to the existing product.
• Will need to be on hand to aid technical teams during a comprehensive UAT testing process.
• Will have a full understanding of player data, and will be able to assess this data collection competently and thoroughly in order to provide accurate pre-event prices, and also have the ability to react to real time events which will may affect the pricing output.
• Have awareness of B2B client requirements depending on the sport, the jurisdiction and the market liquidity.
• Evaluate betting products to improve performance and profitability.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of new products and systems through own observations and monitoring of betting patterns. This may include highlighting any technical issues, reporting bugs and testing fixes. Also participate in any user acceptance testing of these systems.
• Will liaise with providers to ensure the best possible end to end product and they will take a prominent role behind the scenes ensuring things are operating from the technical point of view, as well as operational.
• Will communicate live with the production team, whilst trading in order to allow for the smooth running of the Competitive Gaming product.
• Ensure that key information (suspend times, prices, liabilities, thresholds etc) is adhered to.
• Will have understanding of XML feeds.
• Ability to trade E-Sports games competently and accurately
• Strong mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills
• Excellent understanding of bookmaking theory
• Excellent attention to detail
• Numerate and good interpersonal skills
• Strong general IT Skills, including advanced level Excel
• Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
• Must be willing to work on a shift pattern which includes evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Passion for E-Sports
• Previous Trading experience
• Good knowledge of worldwide E-Sports and the competitive offerings