We are working currently with a very successful US based company, who operate on a global level focusing on creating a diverse mix of entertaining gaming experiences for every kind of player.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be building slot casino games on both of the company’s current gaming engines. Working closely with Designers, Artists, and Sound Engineers, you will be tasked with bringing all the different pieces together for each game. Game Development is an iterative process, and you will be constantly refining games to deliver the best possible product to the field. You will also be working closely with the embedded test department to help find and fix bugs early in the development process before handing off to the SQA department. You are responsible for following the game through all stages of development, into SQA where you will be fixing any additional bugs, all the way to general availability.
• Making games with a diverse team of Game Designers, Artists, Sound Designers and Engineers.
• Writing code in C# and creating slot games using Unity.
• Leading and training junior engineers in the art of programming.
• Solving complex problems, isn’t that why you became an engineer?
• Developing process improvements and tools to make life easier for everyone and yourself.
• Identifying and debugging complex issues,
• Working with Game Designers and Artists to implement the team’s vision of the game.
• Helping SQA identify and fix bugs.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
• 5+ years of professional programming experience.
• Experience making games in Unity.
• Expert in designing, coding, testing and debugging software.
• A passion to help your team members and to work with them for the greater good.
• Expert with OOP languages.
• Be self-motivated and proactive to get stuff done.
• Understand that change, iteration and failure are required to create and design great things.
Also, would be great if you could…
• Have experience with Linux or UNIX.
• Have experience with state machines and interrupts.
• Have experience with Lua.
• Have previous gaming industry experience.