A major international games provider to the casino sector is hiring an experienced Accountant to be based from their UK office.
The Staff Accountant meets the Company’s internal and external financial reporting requirements, coordinates directly with the local management team and with the corporate accounting team in the U.S. The Senior Accountant develops and adheres to a process to achieve and maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S. (GAAP), tax and statutory reporting requirements in the U.K., Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Malta and additional jurisdictions required by the Company.
• Assist operations team to understand and adhere to commercial terms of contracts with customers and suppliers, which includes development of financial models and summaries.
• Reconcile and communicate with customers and suppliers regarding invoices and amount due and payable.
• Assist analytics and reporting teams to track internal business metrics.
• Develop and follow process to close the books of each entity in the group.
• Consistently apply accounting policies and consistently report financial information.
• Management of intercompany profit eliminations within the group.
• Reconcile intercompany balances between all subsidiaries of the group.
• Ensure that accurate close submissions are sent timely to the corporate accounting team each month.
• Prepare and send invoices to customers on a monthly basis.
• Assist in the reconciliation of payments due from customers, payments due to suppliers and other vendors on a monthly basis.
• Coordinate payments to suppliers and other vendors through the corporate shared service group and/or outsourced accounts payable function.
• Reconcile cash accounts, record expenses, accruals, and payroll in the Company’s accounting system.
• Execute various aspects of the financial reporting activities of the Company, specifically including internal management reporting and external reporting which is compliant with applicable GAAP and local statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
• Support the quarterly reviews and annual audit with external auditor.
• Liaise directly with tax and other consultants.
• Prepare and file any required VAT and similar obligations in a timely manner.
• Coordinate and prepare financial analysis for purposes of monthly reporting to Senior Management.
• Document relevant internal controls over financial reporting for corporate functions, as necessary.
• Directly assist subsidiaries and other departments to document relevant internal controls over financial reporting for their respective functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required (Master’s Degree preferred)
• Chartered Accountant preferred
• 5+ years of experience within a subsidiary of a U.S. parent company, multi-location company or SEC reporting environment
• Working knowledge of GAAP and U.K. reporting requirements, specifically including:
o Revenue Recognition
o Treasury Accounting
o Tax Accounting and reporting
• Excellent oral and written communication and strong presentation skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to operate effectively and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines
• Microsoft Navision experience a plus