The Business Projects department provide a support network to the business by ensuring the timely implementation and completion of key projects in line with business objectives, working closely with the IT, Platform delivery team, business owners and product areas. This role will report into the Managing Director and will facilitate the management of the extensive business portfolio as well as provide the governance and direction for the full business transition programme onto a new digital platform on behalf of our client, who are a very well know UK-facing Betting company
• Day-to-day management and leadership of portfolio and business change programme management, including supporting and developing the integrated planning, performance and risk reporting across the business; and providing effective management controls.
• Establishing a suitable governance framework and portfolio structure in order to deliver the necessary project capability to support delivery of the road map and business objectives
• Responsible for providing the portfolio management across all business change projects, ensuring key project deliverables are delivered and maintained such as inter-dependency management, risks, quality control, benefits realisation, reporting and other aspects following best practice
• Delivery and maintenance of a portfolio plan and roadmap for business change and development, showing key milestones, phase reviews and dependencies to ensure the adherence to the appropriate governance functions within the business relating to the portfolio and in accordance with business guidelines, policies and practices.
• Challenging and supporting projects and programme teams, acting as a critical friend, and bringing together and analysing programme information on behalf of the senior responsible owner.
• Identify and manage collaborative stakeholder relationships across the business; building consensus across a large and often diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, successfully managing engagement and communications to ensure buy-in, bringing in senior level support when required.
• Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to define an approach to create a road-map for future development of products, processes and systems
• Identification of any constraints and threats that may impact the ability of the portfolio to deliver required business benefits
• Delivering a complex series of related projects, effectively managing their interdependencies and allocating resources to support prioritised opportunities while effectively reporting of all projects to enable stakeholders, sponsors and management to make appropriate decisions
• Providing coaching and guidance to the Business project management team and building and managing meaningful and supportive relationships across the business.
• Management and, where necessary, recruitment of a portfolio team with the skills and experience required to deliver the portfolio
• Work with project teams to manage/oversee the full range of the project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, close) for projects covering a portfolio of projects which focus on the business needs of a specific business line(s) or strategy.
• Responsible for leading and managing the company’s transformation and change projects and programme which will comprise of but not limited to IT, change management, business process re-design, and supporting elements, such as communications, culture change and HR aspects, working closely with all support functions/colleagues
• Negotiate contracts and compile IT budgets and continuously track budget with CAPex and Opex
• Work with external Auditors to verify process and financial integrity though audits and internal compliance.
• Chair and attend Group Risk committees as business representation on behalf of the Digital business
Experience & Skills:
• Educated to degree level with an understanding of IT systems, technology and processes.
• Solid experience of working as a Business Change Project Manager within an IT environment.
• Experience working in the Gambling Industry is beneficial (but not essential)
• Thorough knowledge and related work experience of the project management process, theory and lifecycle, including Waterfall and Agile methodology.
• Effective negotiation and persuasion skills
• Expert planning and organisational skills
• Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to clearly communicate with senior management and the board with Proven capability to manage stakeholders at all level
• High-level of IT literacy
• Ability to co-ordinate colleagues and contracted parties through expert leadership, motivation, teamwork, supervision and accountability
• Proven consultative, conflict resolution, negotiation and facilitation skills to gain consensus and ensure delivery of initiatives.
• Experience with Digital Transformation and customer experience improvement initiatives.
• Can demonstrate experience in leading diverse teams.
• An experienced portfolio manager with a strong background in portfolio governance and methodology
• Experienced in business analysis and strategic planning, including requirements definition and business case production
• Can organise and lead a team to achieve objectives and targets