Head of Marketing Partnerships
About our client
They operate two sports and Casino brands focusing on the UK and European markets and an additional brand which will target regulated US markets. Both are forward-thinking social sports betting apps that are highly differentiated from competitor brands and products in both markets. They combine free-to-play game mechanics with a mobile and social-first design and marketing strategy.
After first launching in 2017, the company achieved fast growth during its start-up phase and now, through its entry into the US market, is at the start of the businesses scale-up phase.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in a business at such a pivotal stage in its development and to become an integral part of the ambitious growth they are set to achieve.
The Head of Marketing Partnerships will oversee a small team responsible for both the affiliate and influencer approaches with a 6 to 7 figure monthly budget per market. They will be tasked with ensuring partners are managed to a high standard and we remain top of mind for opportunities that arise. The Head of Marketing Partnerships will utilise existing connections to bring immediate scale opportunities and utilise experience and expertise to elevate the marketing partnerships approach to best in the industry.
• Oversee partnership channels across affiliates, influencers and similar and manage a small team to operate that function
• Responsible growth of partner marketing functions; ensure the brands succeed in their ambitious growth plans and planning for this success
• Onboard and manage the top tier of affiliates and influencers; ensuring that the wider base of partners is managed to a high standard by your team
• Responsible for commercial negotiation with marketing partners; ensuring they achieve the best revenues from each partner they work with
• Thinking strategically within all channels and beyond; delivering new ways to bring scale and revenues to the business through partnership efforts
• Consistently monitoring partner performance and profitability
• Hold responsibility for partners in terms of compliance with our client’s programme terms and conditions, UKGC, CAP and BCAP, GDPR and CMA.
• Ensuring the marketing wide initiatives and campaigns are delivered to the partnership channel effectively and that it gets maximum exposure
• Attending conferences and events internationally to source new partners and improve existing relationships; plan and manage the client’s presence
• Being a positive and proactive ambassador for the brand
• Seek and gain approvals for partners and campaigns from internal stakeholders for budgets, brand, and compliance
• Synergise with the Creative Proposition teams to ensure the that creative and messaging is communicating the brands effectively, differentiating us and maximising results
• Work with other Performance Marketing teams to ensure the opportunities to amplify affiliate marketing efforts through other channels are utilised
• Maintaining daily visibility on results and actions
• Weekly status reports on actions and learnings which can be shared within the business
Skills & Interests
• You are not comfortable waiting for other people to guide you and able to get buy-in from the Head of Marketing (and other stakeholders) on your desired plans
• Able to multitask well and when pulled in many directions can move towards practical goals vs being pulled away from delivery of KPIs
• Strong MS-Office skills in particular Excel and PowerPoint
• Highly personable and a strong negotiator and mediator between the client and its tipsters and affiliates.
• Experience working across different platforms with a demonstrable background on mobile applications (iOS / Android) and Mobile Web
• Available for frequent travel
• 6+ years’ experience working within a Marketing Partnerships role or relevant equivalent
• Existing network of partner contacts in Sportsbook/iGaming (“big black book of contacts”).
• Knowledge of/experience in a range of commercial models; including but not limited to Cost Per Install/Event/Deposit, revenue share, tenancy deals
• Educated to degree level
• Exemplary written and communication skills
• Knowledgeable of a wide range of sports in the context of betting
• 8+ years’ experience working within as a Head of Partnerships role or relevant equivalent
• German language