Bettingjobs are working with an energetic, passionate, bold tech company, who we love sports! They recently expanded to the US market, establishing their headquarters in Hoboken, New Jersey and are looking to expand the technical team.
The Tech Manager will be report directly to the Managing Director and work together with the rest of the management team, tech team and business operations.
The Tech Manager is responsible for the technical side of the operations work: processes, engineering and development. The position holder ensures that the technical vision of the department is supported and executed within the teams, by:
• Managing and building an infrastructure team, ensuring the team uses the best practices and are following common standards
• Providing leadership to the team and throughout the company by directing, advising, and mentoring junior level engineers.
• Helping create and expand the team’s culture through innovation, collaboration, communication and purpose.
• Owning the responsibility for the production, stability and uptime for all of our customer facing products while managing all US system environments.
• Existing as the main contact person for the gaming authorities as well as the business and US and European Tech teams when it comes to all US production systems, release, testing and hardware related topics.
• Owning the responsibility to run change, release, incident and problem management processes within the technology pillar.
• Managing the production systems as its gatekeeper by organizing the Change Advisory Board and making sure all changes to the production environment are meeting all requirements (operational, security, qualitative) before they are rolled out.
• Driving the root cause analyses by connecting all involved parties to ensure sustainable fixing of dysfunctional services.
• Defining the classification and prioritization of incidents while managing the flow of information and escalations among involved teams to make sure that all incidents are resolved in a timely manner.
• Driving the Continuous Service Improvements for the processes that you are responsible for which includes the definition of meaningful SLAs and KPIs as well as automatic reporting to senior management.
• Guaranteeing continuous delivery and including automated testing and deployment of artefacts.
• Encouraging the sharing of knowledge and creating documentation that makes information easy and accessible to teams.
• Prioritizing the daily work within your area of responsibility, according to management/business commitments and urgent needs within the teams.
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science
• 4-5+ years of professional experience in the field of work mentioned above
• Strong leadership skills and experience providing counsel to an internal software engineering team.
• Excellent skills in process management (understanding and optimization of processes)
• Distinct analytical mindset to ensure a sustainable handling of incidents and problems
• Solid understanding of ITIL in general and how the various processes are connected to each other
• Positive attitude and the ability to understand the critical urgency of topics along with extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Expert level with Linux
• Great knowledge of cloud computing technologies (AWS, Openstack, Kubernetes, Docker)
• Deep experience with CI/CD and provisioning tools (GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform)
• Broad and deep technical understanding with focus on high availability, performance and security.
• Technical key driver, enabler and motivator for the involved team and stakeholders
• Self-initiative, solution-oriented way of working, agile mindset
• Strong communication skills
• Affinity to quickly adapt and work with new technologies
• Skills in a scripting Language like Python would be a plus
• Must have the ability to work with and develop strong relationships with regulatory associations such as the regulator as well as internal and external stakeholders to respond to requests and communicate results as needed.
• Proven ability to create and sustain a high degree of confidentiality, trust and integrity.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
If this seems interesting to you, please get in touch with Carla at firstname.lastname@example.org