Our client is a brand-new state-of-the-art technology platform for the gambling industry. They are on exciting journey to build the next generation sports betting and gaming platform that will support market leading bookmakers globally. With over £25 million investment so far, they have a long-term vision for it with lots of opportunities in the future.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for implementing sections of functionality, or making updates to existing features, ensuring they are delivered on time with the correct approach and to the standards defined by the development leads.
• Commercial experience in .NET with C#
• Experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA
• Knowledge of relevant design patterns
• Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
• Demonstrable experience of building Web Services, WebAPI and WCF
• Database experience, schema design and SQL with MySQL
• NoSQL experience also beneficial, as is any knowledge of MS Orleans.
• Any history working with WinForms/WPF is extremely useful
• Expertise in performance optimization
• Experience of Unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict TDD.
• Source Control, must be confident using Git for all roles
• Experience working in an Agile or Kanban environment
• Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
• Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
• Experience taking ownership of a system or sub-system is an advantage
• An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
• Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
• Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
• An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
• Participate in releases, and/or out of hours on-call availability as needed