Betting Jobs are working with an exciting Asian-facing online casino brand who have offices in Manila, Philippines. They are looking to grow their IT team at the moment and this Server Engineer role is an important hire for the team.
- A server engineer’s job role requires configuring and managing servers of different operating systems, such as Windows, macOS or Linux, including installing, fixing issues, and upgrading while implementing enhancements to them to improve performance and reliability. They also design, implement, and manage
enterprise system technologies.
- Engineers should be familiar with Cloud Solutions, virtualization software, such as VMware and Hyper-V, scripting with PowerShell and Ansible, and Citrix XenDesktop and VDI Solutions.
- In addition to providing support for implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of IT systems, they oversee and resolve problems of the server, network devices, storage, and client devices, support IT systems of all end users on a daily basis by monitoring, and troubleshooting. Moreover, engineers diagnose, detect, and
resolve other issues.
- Engineers need to have a thorough understanding of patching tools and security vulnerability scanning. They should be able to interpret information in generated reports and come up with strategies to get rid of unearthed vulnerabilities. They should create project plans for all system deployment and modifications and
- A server engineer has to take care of server environment, which includes installing new servers, taking out servers, and fixing issues with existing servers. They also have to help other IT departments in tackling specific server related assignments.
- Engineers research new hardware and software technologies to understand and learn them so that they can train and guide their team members from other departments. They use best practices and keep in touch with internal and external business matters to enhance products and services of their organization.