Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
The AML team partners with the business to make decisions and deliver a service that protects and enhances the reputation of the company and managing risk in respect of financial crime, including money laundering (AML), terrorist funding (CTF) and bribery and corruption (ABC). Their work requires vigilance, understanding and empathy to protect our brand integrity.
The MLRO is responsible for ensuring that the business has the requisite knowledge and understanding to ensure it complies with all relevant AML and CTF regulations. The officer provides information, advice and assistance to the business to protect it from AML risk. Another key role of the officer is to ensure the business has embedded AML controls across all areas. The MLRO is responsible for the oversight of the functions and requires an excellent knowledge of money laundering/terrorist financing and the potential threats to a company and will require high attention to detail and strong communications skills. The role additionally includes responsibility for the company’s anti-bribery and corruption policy, monitoring and reporting.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
• Strategic planning including financial management and planning of AML, CTF and B&C, Verifications, processes and technologies
• Develop and direct the AML strategy, including managing and maintaining the AML and customer risk assessments
• Develop annual, quarterly and monthly objectives and key result indicators
• Planning for new legislation for the development of AML, CTF and B&C, Verifications and Payments policies, systems, practices and procedures
• Oversee the development and implementation of AML, CTF and B&C, Verifications and Payments training, ensuring all necessary staff receive appropriate training and guidance
• Manage timely and accurate reporting for all aspects of the AML functions
• Minimum of 3 years of prior experience in gambling, payments or financial services industry
• Exceptional organization and prioritisation skills with proven ability to create strategic plans
• Strong knowledge of regulatory frameworks and risk mitigation strategies
• Exceptional attention to detail & accuracy, particularly in external communications