Working as a System Engineer for one of the most well established online sportsbetting and casino operators you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and troubleshooting their rapidly expanding infrastructure. The engineer demonstrates superb technical competency, deliver critical infrastructure mission, and ensure the highest level of availability, performance and team security.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides Level 2 support, Coordinates problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems
• Maintaining inventory and troubleshooting of IT infrastructure
• Configuring, implementing and monitoring applications using tools like – Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus, Zabbix, OpsGenie and others.
• Configuring, implementing and monitoring of VMware
• Acts as the technical liaison between IT teams, engineers and stakeholders, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
• Managing active IT incidents and driving the root cause to the closure.
• Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve best performance and reliability of the system.
• Troubleshooting systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
• Perform changes to OS, databases, applications, servers, storage as well as backups
• Be a part of 24x7 team to perform all maintenance operations globally.
• Be a leading contributor, as an individual and as a team member.
• Working with application developers on deploying production application configurations, automation and maintaining application configuration on ongoing basis.
• Providing application related training and assistance to other IT operations departments Integration Operation Center and Developers on the new technologies.
• Integrating solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
• Leading or providing technical direction for the planning, designing, and execution of testing efforts.
• Developing, maintaining, recommending, documenting, and supporting tools and back-end utilities to provide capacity planning management.
• Ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and standards
• Managing small to medium sized projects according to agree upon budgets and schedules.
• Maintaining confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
• Other duties as assigned.
Competencies, Skills, and Experience
• Communicate effectively in English, both oral and written form.
• Provides quality customer service above else; ensures an understanding between customer and IT to help providing workable solutions.
• Customer oriented mind-set with good ability to manage customer expectations.
• Strong analytic, conceptual and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
• Flexible and able to adapt to operational requirements and priority changes.
• Self-motivated, team player, tasks coordination, action Adapt to changes in technology and results oriented.
• Well organized, good communication and reporting skills.
Key Technical Requirements
• Knowledge of Infrastructure as a Code
• Experience working with Ansible
• Understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
• Someone who’s capable of maintaining the local inventory
• End user support on both Mac and Windows
• Experience working on Linux Ubuntu and Windows Server OS
• Experience in one or more database platform (PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL)