BettingJobs are working with an award winning casino games provider with studios based in several international locations, they are searching for an Automation Specialist Engineer to join their team in London. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Implement infrastructure as code systems for various data platforms/cloud platform.
• Responsible for the various automated processes on infrastructure environments on different operating systems and platforms (Azure and AWS).
• Be responsible for evaluating the business needs and produce various designs to achieve these goals.
• Break down the goals into action points and milestones including follow-up.
• Provide systems expertise and drive operational best practices.
• Ensure cost-effective and efficient operations and measuring feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations.
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining performance system monitoring.
• Responsible for documentation, knowledge transfer and information sharing, both within the squad and with other relevant departments.
• Consult with colleagues throughout the organisation - Ensure that new applications and infrastructure are secure from the project initiation phase.
• Automation - Build automation processes and help drive the adoption of automated processes deployment practices in Azure and AWS.
• Contribute with infrastructure team (network, hardware, OS, database administration, security etc) competency.
• Provide escalated technical support to customers by handling systems-related issues.
• Manage third parties’ services such as Application consultants, software licences etc..
• Analyse and resolve infrastructure deficiencies and conduct testing to enhance performance.
• Conducts significant projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
• Provide technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other teams in the organisation.
• Perform repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
• Gathering and evaluating the business needs and produce various designs to achieve these goals.
• Breaking down the goals into action points and milestones including follow-ups.
• Creating and/or improving infrastructure environments.
• Setting up and maintaining performance system monitoring.
• Documenting, knowledge transfer and information sharing, both within the squad and with other relevant departments.
• Contributing with infrastructure (network, hardware, os, database administration, security etc) competency.
• Providing escalated technical support to users by handling security-related issues.
• Managing automation with third parties services such as Jira, Octopus etc.. Getting the best values and deals from our contracts.
• Confirming that we are getting the services we are paying for from third parties.
• Analysing and resolving infrastructure deficiencies and conducts testing to enhance performance.
• Conducting complex projects or phases of significant projects; coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
• Providing technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other teams in the organisation.
• Performing repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
• Performing technical assessments of product releases to ensure secure software baselines.
• Experience in providing automation services for Cloud environments (including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)).
• Experience in the design and automation of Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities including virtual machines, image creation, storage management, security groups and role-based access controls.
• Good understanding of Windows Automation and deployment techniques.
• Hands-on Experience with Jira, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Postman and Terraform.
• Scripting experience using PowerShell, Python and JSON.
• Knowledge of continuous integration tools and pushing application and code during builds such as Bitbucket and Octopus.
• Knowledge of PaaS, IaaS and Container systems.
• Automation first mind-set.
• Must be detail oriented, a good communicator and can use agile approach to delivery.
• Familiarity with software development lifecycles and the ability to affect substantial improvements where needed.
• Public Cloud knowledge preferred (AWS & Azure).
Personal skills, behaviour:
• Driven and motivated team member.
• Strives to maintain a clear focus on delivering leading-edge technology.
• Excellent trouble-shooter with a creative mindset.
• Meticulous with an eye for details.
• Curious and inquisitive.
• Risk averse.
• Previous experience operating within a mission critical Managed Service environment.
• Experience working in a DevOps environment.
• Excellent understanding of CI/CD systems and building pipelines.
• Experience with configuration management platforms (Ansible).
• Experience with Log management software (Splunk or ELK).
• Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP.