Betting Jobs are working with a well-established Gibraltar-based online casino and sportsbook operator who are looking to add to their Digital Development team.
Our client are looking to add a skilled software developer into a highly motivated and self-organized agile team in charge of developing high scalability API applications using NodeJs. The team creates and delivers a unified abstraction layer spanning multiple and differing middlewares, enabling mobile device platform teams to build industry leading user experiences through a consistent and performant API layer.
Their developers form small, nimble teams that work on distinct projects, using the most adequate design patterns and available technologies. Backed by a strong company engineering culture, teams and individuals are encouraged to identify the value and long-term benefits of established standards, to continue to evolve them to deliver mature solutions that are service orientated - highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable, and extensible.
As an ideal candidate, you are independent and inventive, you communicate and collaborate effectively; you are a relentless learner and are eager to thrive in a demanding but energizing environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
• Write code with focus on usability, simplicity, performance and scalability. We have a global footprint.
• Participate in the full development cycle, from innovation to code-reviews to delivery to production.
• Create and maintain quality software using best practices in a continuous integration and delivery environment.
• Rewrite, refactor and fine-tune code.
• Deliver on business functionality for a rapidly evolving product, balancing speed and performance with API consistency. • Improving the architecture for resiliency and scalability of this critical API
• Mid to senior-level software development experience.
• Strong skills and knowledge with NodeJs in particular, and API development in general
• Practical understanding of data structures and design patterns.
• Experience with developing api services for complex domains.
• Experience with running services in production.
• Desired experience with DevOps and CloudOps environments – from containers to CI/CD to the Cloud. Familiar with key technologies around Docker, CI/CD pipelines and AWS/GCP cloud providers.
• Good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
• Hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble. You get things done.