Betting Jobs are working with an exciting company based in Edinburgh, Scotland that specialises in helping its clients acquire, retain and monetise customers via web and mobile apps in the form of free and pay to play games. Their current clients are multi-national i-gaming companies based in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the USA.
Looking for a full stack developer, reporting directly to the CTO. You will build a variety of games for clients, as well as backend gaming solutions and third-party integrations. Once the games are live you will be responsible for running those games in the production environment and any ongoing development work required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to"
• Development of games from inception to completion.
• Collaborating with technical and design team members to deliver applications on time and on budget.
• Work with and support other developers and teammates.
• With the help of the CTO undertake thorough Quality Assurance testing on projects, to ensure the final delivery meets requirements and scope.
• Continual testing and bug fixing for the apps that we have live.
• Attend daily stand-ups and contribute to team planning sessions
• Stay abreast of digital tools, platforms and industry trends.
• 3/4+ years’ experience in one or more of the main technologies they use: React, React Native, Node, HTML/CSS, Postgres, .NET Web API
• Familiar with Git for source control
• Experience working in a SaaS environment
• Background in integrating third party (RESTful) APIs, and building your own APIs
• Able to work well in an agile environment, where requirements are still in flux
• Great interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving aptitude, ability to think on your feet and action solutions
• Enjoy working closely with others as part of a close-knit team
Other useful experience and skills
• Experience of other major programming languages or frontend technologies
• Knowledge of some of the other technologies we use, which include Azure, AWS, Docker, Serverless, Postgres and SQL
• Deploying to, and running applications on, the cloud (we use Azure and AWS)
• Firebase and Google Analytics
• Previous exposure to a start-up environment
• Knowledge of building backend services and designing and maintaining databases