The Head of AML and Compliance will be leading the Compliance team and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board.
The Head of AML and Compliance shall be responsible for the following tasks:
• Ensure that the Company is at all time operating within the terms of its license conditions and other appliable laws, directives and regulations, as well as in terms of its policies and procedures.
• Implementing and monitoring the Compliance Function by working closely with other department heads
• Reporting on a regular basis to the Board of Directors, CEO and applicable Board Committee on the progress of implementation, and assisting these components in establishing methods to improve efficiency and quality of services, and to reduce the vulnerability to fraud and abuse
• Developing, coordinating and participating in a multifaceted educational and training programs
• Ensuring that independent contractors/outsourced entities are aware of the requirements of the Compliance Program with respect to regulatory obligations
• Coordinating internal compliance and AML/CFT reviews and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews
• Responding to investigations and queries as the principal point of contact for all competent authorities
• Independently investigating and acting on matters related to compliance, including the flexibility to design and coordinate internal investigations and any resulting corrective actions with all Bank departments, providers and, if appropriate, outsourced contractors/entities.
• To draft and design relevant policies and procedures;
• To be engaged and manage the applicable AML&CFT Business Risk Assessment
• To compile and file the Suspicious Transaction Report, as and when the situation arises
• To liaise with MFSA, FIAU and other regulatory authorities where required.
a) Pro-active person with a can-do and decisive approach.
b) Ability to take ownership of tasks on an individual and team basis, as applicable.
c) Good team player who leads with motivation whilst maintaining a satisfactorily level of accuracy and quality in fast-paced environment.
d) Ability to establish effective relationships, both in the immediate team and wider business.
e) Be computer literate and experienced in the use of MS Office.
f) Excellent communication and organisational skills, with the ability to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts.
g) Fluent in written and spoken English.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should be in possession of a higher degree from a recognised educational body in Law and/or Finance/Banking.
The desirable applicant should have been working in a similar management role within a licensed payments environment (with the EU/EEA) for at least the past five (5) consecutive years.
The following professional and personal attributes shall be considered an asset:
Already in possession of a valid PQ with MFSA;
Work experience in the payment services sector, including e-wallet services;
Confident, motivated and self-sufficient;
Flexible and comfortable with a broad variety of duties;
Genuine and loyal person;
Proactive, emotionally intelligent individual with great people skills and keen eye for detail;
Analytical and good time management skills and the ability to work independently; and
Strong values combined with a readiness to challenge convention.