We are currently working with an award-winning design and software development agency working with a wide range of enterprise clients, specialising in the gambling sector.
Based in the heart of Manchester city centre, they are on an exciting journey to build the next generation of cutting-edge Sports Betting, and Gaming platform fit for some of the biggest bookmakers in the world!
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the MD directly and based in Manchester city centre offices, this role aims to ensure that the business is compliant with gambling legislation and regulations in all jurisdictions in which the business holds licenses. You will be responsible for actively managing the relationship between the business’ technical and operational departments and their customer’s Compliance team. You will line manage the Information Security Analyst.
• Ensure that the business, and anything we develop, is compliant with regulatory requirements
• Escalation point of contact with regulators and operators and within the business for any questions and issues relating to Regulatory Compliance
• Implementation, management and reporting of the Compliance audit plan
• Verification that product specifications are consistent with the regulatory requirements for all target jurisdictions
• Ensuring that all regular and ad-hoc reporting of relevant activities to the regulatory bodies are completed as necessary
• Responsible for creating all related policies that support the company operation in regulated markets
• You will deal with technical audits and certifications
• You will have a technical background and be comfortable with dealing with IT and technical materials to support regulatory requirements
• You will understand and have experience in a regulated environment. The online gambling industry would be a huge advantage
• Being familiar with ISO 27001 standards would help a lot
• Experience in developing and maintaining technical, financial and operational compliance programs is a plus
• Any IT audit or compliance experience will be an even bigger plus
• Someone with strong organisational and analytical skills
• You will be able to develop and communicate technical and/or operational requirements to colleagues with different levels of experience