BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Live Sports Modeler for a leading Sportsbook based in Manila.
As Live Sports Modeler you will be responsible for the developing, implementing and maintaining trading models to be used in in play. This role would be well suited to an individual with experience of successfully developing and implementing trading models with proven ability to improve sportsbook performance and efficiency.
• Design, develop, implement and maintain mathematical live sports models.
• Work closely with Management, Trading & IT teams to integrate models into the existing platform.
• Work closely with trading team to continually improve the Company’s product performance.
• Perform other operational duties as and when required.
• Previous experience in a similar position within the Sports Betting industry
• Degree educated in Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline
• Postgraduate degree would be preferred
• Previous experience of analysing and interpreting complex mathematical, statistical or financial datasets.
• Familiarity with multivariate classification and regression techniques; experience with at least one of GLMs, decision trees, or machine learning
• Experience using databases and building mathematical models.
• Advanced quantitative and qualitative problem solving skills.
• Fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of Mandarin would be a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of statistical programming languages (preferably R).
• General purpose programming languages experience.
• Sound working knowledge of Excel.
• Ability to focus on details and work under deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Keen sports fan & Competitive E-Sports knowledge preferred.