BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Chief Operations Officer for a new but rapidly expanding sportsbook located in Almaty, Kazakhstan. The Chief Operations Officer will be responsible for facilitating the smooth operation of all operational areas of the business.
This would ideally be suited to a senior Operations professional with a strong knowledge of the online gaming industry looking to develop their career with an ambitious and growing sportsbook.
• Creating effective ways of distributing resources for the operational set-up without compromising on the quality of the product or services.
• Advising on the organisational set-up of operational teams and taking active participation in the set-up of offices and the recruitment of key staff members.
• Building successful collaboration between operational business units working from different territories.
• Developing growth strategies through close communication with head of departments such as customer services, trading, payments, risk & fraud and product management.
• Analysing the performances of all operational units and setting targets to achieve consistent improvement.
• Being pro-active in all projects related to business expansion.
• Planning and budgeting for business strategy execution, including new market entry.
• Presenting business strategies to the IT Department and Product teams and helping to find the most effective solutions.
• Working closely with the Legal & Compliance team to ensure that internal and external operational procedures are in accordance with all regulations.
• Representing the company’s interests in negotiations with existing and potential suppliers and partners.
• Resolving escalated issues from customers and employees according to corporate policies and business strategy.
• Providing leadership-by-example to all heads of operational departments and middle-management.
• Supporting department managers and teams through the provision of relevant resources, such as tools, knowledge, environment, working conditions etc. to maximize the performance of each department.
• Previous experience in a Head of Operations/COO role or similar within the iGaming industry.
• A strong leader with the drive and energy to develop and motivate people to deliver against challenging targets.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork, a strong business communicator.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of every aspect of the sports betting industry, including all latest industry trends and innovations.
• A firm believer of the ‘Customer first’ approach when developing strategy and making decisions.
• A strong analytical mindset with a passion for executing and developing strategies but with the ability to make decisions, solve problems and get deeply involved where required.
• Capable of defining clear, measurable objectives and managing relationships to ensure all business requirements are delivered.