Senior C# .NET Developer United Kingdom, Manchester
Our client is an award-winning design and software development agency working with a wide range of enterprise clients, specialising in the gambling sector.
Based in the heart of Manchester city centre, they are on an exciting journey to build the next generation of cutting-edge Sports Betting and Gaming platform fit for some of the biggest bookmakers in the world.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for implementing sections of functionality, or making updates to existing features, ensuring they are delivered on time with the correct approach and to the standards defined by the development leads.
Our tech stack includes some of the latest design patterns and tools as well as established tech that needs additional features building on. For example, SQL, NoSQL, caching services, messaging services, C# Windows Services, WebAPI, WCF, WPF, Winforms, Microsoft Orleans… all used to build a platform that has integration to internal and external services.
You'll bring your experience and knowledge to the team to implement complex work and guide more junior developers. Just like anyone in Software Development you’ll be hungry to learn, but you should already be familiar with working on commercial systems. Depending on your level we’d expect you to be aware of design patterns and principles appropriate to your experience and the systems you have worked on, and of course have an excellent grounding in C# OOP programming.
A keen attention to detail is a must and we want you to thoroughly test your work prior to it being handed over for the formal QA process.
• Commercial experience in .NET with C#
• Experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA
• Knowledge of relevant design patterns
• Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
• Demonstrable experience of building Web Services, WebAPI and WCF
• Database experience, schema design and SQL with MySQL
• NoSQL experience also beneficial, as is any knowledge of MS Orleans.
• Any history working with WinForms/WPF is extremely useful
• Expertise in performance optimization
• Experience of Unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict TDD.
• Source Control, must be confident using Git for all roles
• Experience working in an Agile or Kanban environment
• Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
• Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
• Experience taking ownership of a system or sub-system is an advantage
• An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
• Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
• Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
• An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving