This roles primary responsibility is to facilitate the company’s Business Intelligence and data analysis needs. They work closely with clients and the BI team to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. Their core responsibilities include the design, implementation, and operational support of the Business Intelligence solution in order to meet the businesses key strategic needs. In addition, this role will have a focus on using the BI solution to facilitate complex data requests while providing insight into the data provided.
This position will be expanding the BI teams support across additional time zones; however, an interested individual will need to be able to have flexible work hours to ensure at least 1 hour of regular overlap with other team members in GMT – 8 and GMT – 7 time zones.
Formal Education & Certification
• Four-year university degree or college diploma required, preferably in the field of computer science or other related academic fields.
Knowledge & Experience
• 3+ years of database experience with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• 3+ years of design and implementation experience with BI solutions.
• 3+ years of experience with reporting and query tools with knowledge of best practices.
• Strong knowledge of Transact-SQL code (stored procedures, functions, triggers, etc.) and database schema design.
• Extensive experience writing Transact-SQL code.
• Extensive experience writing data queries with Transact-SQL.
• Extensive experience analyzing data.
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
• Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Attention to details.
• Customer service orientation.