The Lead Artist will join the team-oriented group of creative individuals in the Game Development Department. The ideal candidate will be required to lead a group of artists to create the next highly-engaging and innovative slot games from start to finish.
• Responsible for developing and driving an original and innovative art style for the game.
• Create digital character illustrations/paintings, compositions/layouts, logos, UI elements.
• Lead the creation of the art assets from game concept through production, testing and handoff.
• Define the technical pipeline, Art Bible, Style Guides and Briefs in alignment with the vision of the game.
• Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production.
• Mentor junior staff members in the creative process while sharing casino industry knowledge.
• Collaborate effectively with Marketing and PR teams to create and deliver high quality art assets in support of the game.
• Contribute to process improvements to increase productivity and the visual quality of the games.
• Design and create overall look and feel for projects.
• 5-8 years Professional Job Experience.
• 2-3 years Leadership Experience within a team/studio.
• Portfolio required.
• Casino Industry experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in art/sequential art or equivalent.
• Brainstorm and conceptualize ideas (produce concept sketches and quick concept edits).
• Experience in making presentations to product owners and clients.
• Experience leading both internal/outsourced art team.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible to the ever-changing environment of a fast-growing company.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to give constructive feedback.
• Highly proficient in Photoshop.
• Basic animation knowledge.
• After Effects, Maya and Unity skills/knowledge are pluses.