Betting Jobs are working with a very successful sportsbook and online casino client who are based in London and Malta. They are looking to add to their IT network team with this Network and Security Engineer role which can be based in either London or Malta.
Provides operations support, maintenance and administration for network systems as a team member, sometimes as a cross- functional team lead.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity.
- Assists in recommending the direction for LAN/WAN, internet, wireless, and remote access services.
- Reviews network schematics, diagrams, and other program documentation to assist with development and preparation of cost estimates.
- Provides integrated systems planning and recommends new or different technologies that will enhance current systems and support overall business goals.
- Determines requirements impact on existing architecture, work processes, and systems.
- May collaborate with other teams to perform network security design.
- Designs and supports inter-network analysis including the physical and logical configuration documentation, and traffic management.
- Leads, creates, and collaborates with cross functional teams to produce build design documents that can be implemented.
- Explains to non-SMEs how the proposed solution will support their requirements.
- Configures, tests, automates, integrates, models, analyzes, and, where possible, validates the Pinnacle infrastructure.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive database/library of all supporting documentation
- Provides support for connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
- Identifies and documents design best practices for adoption.
- Provides training and technical guidance to team members.
- Participates in security planning and analyst activities.
- Provides objective evaluations of security controls, mechanisms and goals in comparison to best practices.
- Ensures policies, procedures, standards, and system configurations are documented and tracked.
- Consults with asset owners on the data classification of their resources.
- Participates in security investigations and compliance reviews as requested.
- Performs security monitoring and reporting, analyzes security alerts and escalates security alerts to local support teams.
- Provides security application and infrastructure-related projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Leads and responds to security incidents and investigations and targets reviews of suspect areas.
Skills & Qualifications:
Communicate effectively in English, both oral and written form.
Ability to learn new software and hardware packages.
Adapt to changes in technology.
Work independently and as a team member.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with all those contacted during the course of work.
Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
Knowledge & Experience:
Experience in planning, designing and maintaining data networks and servers.
Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
Experience working with high-availability and resilient network technologies
Experience with incident ticketing systems, network management systems and change control procedures.
Expert Knowledge of Networking and Internet protocols
Expert Knowledge of VPN,LAN, WAN Technologies
Strong experience working with Unix, Linux, Windows 2008/2012/2016 server
Experience working with IIS/Apache Web server
Experience using automated monitoring and deployment tools
Experience working with UC platforms
Virtualization experience using Hyper-V, VM Ware
Experience working with storage technologies ( HP 3PAR, Qsync or similar SAN, NAS )
Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices