BettingJobs are working with a fast-growing social sports betting business who are searching for a US Retention Manager to join their team in central London. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
Responsible for ensuring that the in-app user journey is optimized to deliver business value by keeping customers engaged and always leaving them with a strong reason to return:
• Spearhead initiatives to use in app event or trigger messaging to optimize user experience and decrease churn
• Develop a CRM promotional calendar that delivers to business plan budgets and goals
• Deliver strong on and off app CRM promotions and campaigns that reduce attrition and increase customer value
• Lead data research projects to gain insights on to player behaviour and deliver campaigns to meet business goals
• Work closely with product teams on ideation and backlog development to deliver a highly engaging in app experience for our customers
In addition, this role will use gamified and sporstbetting relevant measures and metrics to:
• Progress Newly registered Players to their Xth deposits and,
• Progress Reactivated players from point of reactivation to their Xth deposit;
• Manage and optimise revenues from multi depositors
• Maintain and where relevant increase revenues and profits from High Value player group, to meet the targets and metrics, set by the business across all marketing channels, networks, brands and territories.
The role will require a highly organised, process driven and a strong communicator who is knowledgeable about the best practices for effective customer engagement to deliver optimal ROI on acquisition traffic for. The CRM Manager will have experience of creating a mobile and social first engagement strategy from scratch and will have worked with a CRM platform ( for e.g. Airship) before. The key remit is to maximise the retention rate of the customers we acquire.
• Work with the team to develop, implement and optimise the in -app interaction program for transitioning players through their life stages and states in order for the business to deliver the best experience to the player and in doing so, engage the player and maintain and optimise profitable revenue generated through the player wagering on our sites
• Liaise with and input into the acquisition efforts undertaken by the Acquisition team in order to ensure that the Conversion activity has an effective plan to support forthcoming acquisition activity in terms of player targets and metrics.
Customer Engagement Management:
• To deliver entertainment and value proposition that differentiates the brand and creates meaningful revenue and profit
• To successfully fuse the social gaming elements with our core betting proposition
• To focus the Product team’s efforts on the elements of social gaming that create successfully engaged customers
• To work closely with BI and data functions to measure the success of actions, make learnings and provide business reporting
• To infuse the teams with the desire to keep our proposition, engaging, relevant and profitable via in app mechanics , promotions and communications
• To ensure that the notification and ECRM program devised and implemented to target player groups is operating efficiently and generating profitable revenue and return on the business’ investment and efforts
• To ensure that players are enjoying a quality gaming experience on our product/s and that their preferences are being optimized
• To ensure that sensitive data is correctly stored and shared in a manner that doesn’t leave the business vulnerable to loss of valuable data or player details
• Implement cross marketing programs through the team when required to do so by the business
• Establish processes to ensure the quality of our data e.g. that customer data is regularly refreshed and that we execute in a manner that meets the compliance requirement of each jurisdiction we operate in.
• Work closely with the Content creators to produce exciting and engaging content to be read by our existing customer base; i.e. creation of a segmented newsletter - assigning business KPIs to these efforts and ensure they are achieved.
• Work closely with the team to ensure all outputs are on brand, signed off and meet and exceed expectations on quality.
• Ensure that all CRM output is compliant to regulations set by the licensed jurisdiction they are marketed in
• Provide transparency to all leaders and stakeholders on CRM efforts and results.
• Review the product ratings on App store and identify areas of opportunity for the Product team.
• Build a Brand and sign off process to ensure smooth delivery of marketing output
• Conduct a quality assurance monitoring program on ECRM activity measuring the effectiveness of achieving business metrics, customer satisfaction and advising Managers and Associates on areas for improvement as relevant
• Conduct User surveys and feedback sessions to understand how our offering is being received and being interacted with by our North American players
• To provide regular feedback to the business on the Team’s performance to ensure timely and consistent reporting of quality trends
Position Qualification & Experience Requirements:
• Experience of CRM marketing to North American audiences preferably in a sports marketing capacity
• Social Gaming experience in a CRM/Engagement role
• Educated to degree level
• Knowledgeable of a wide range of American interest sports in the context of betting
• Highly demonstrable knowledge of social gaming CRM principles and systems – especially customer progression, rewards, levels, gamified CRM, key social and betting customer lifecycle touch points, communication media such as in app creative, in app notifications, SMS, email, push notifications and more
• Previous experience of budget and P/L responsibility
• Previous experience of managing conflict and prioritisation within a busy B2C online business
• Experience of working in an organisation managing end users or customers using lifecycle or life stage management processes
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong motivational skills
• Experience in working in a matrix organisation and proven to be effective in building relationships internally and externally
• Experience in working for an online gambling+ B2C RMG app business. + Social gaming product
• Ability to work effectively and speedily with remote teams in different time zones
The business is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employees an inclusive, diverse and ethical workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or other category protected by law. If you need assistance or any accommodation due to a disability, you may contact them at email@example.com