BettingJobs are working with a fast-growing social sports betting business who are searching for a US Content Specialist to join their team in central London. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
Responsible for delivering compelling, relevant and localised content that drives UA and CRM for the product in North America in alignment with the requirements set by the User Acquisition and CRM stakeholders and the business.
The role will require a highly creative, organised, process driven and a strong communicator who is knowledgeable about the North American Sports marketplace. The Content Specialist will have experience of creating a mobile and social first content strategy from scratch and will have worked with a Content publishing platform (for e.g. Wordpress) before. The key remit is to create compelling content that meets the marketing team’s objectives and is in alignment with the brand guidelines (including tone of voice) as defined by the brand team. In addition, the Content Specialist will ensure that in app content and offers are administrated through our internal backend systems (for e.g. managing content through Admin panel etc.)
• Work with the team to develop, implement and optimise the in -app interaction program for transitioning players through their life stages and states in order for the business to deliver the best experience to the player and in doing so, engage the player and maintain and optimise profitable revenue generated through the player wagering on our sites
• Liaise with and input into the acquisition efforts undertaken by the Acquisition team in order to ensure that the Conversion activity has an effective plan to support forthcoming acquisition activity in terms of player targets and metrics.
• Define and drive the Content marketing strategy for the business proposition
• Define and create the editorial promotional calendar.
• Within the first ten days, gain a complete understanding of the product and use this to provide in-app content plus contribute to ongoing UA and CRM content efforts.
• Within the first fifteen days, train in and fully master all content reporting and management tools.
• Define the role of content within the business and bring new ideas that will drive the growth prescribed in the business plan and model.
• Be a constant source of new ideas to increase the engagement for new and existing customers across all our content channels.
• Drive the creation of content and concepts for in-app banners; monitor performance and optimise to improve on results.
• Work closely with UA and CRM personnel to drive PR and editorial initiatives to drive the launch of the proposition.
• Provide input and assist in the execution of new product ideas that focus on customer experience.
• Be an advocate for sport and betting with the business and internal stakeholders. Drive conversation around North American sports in the context of betting and have an encyclopaedic knowledge of North American sport.
• Take a key role in shaping a video content strategy for the company proposition.
• Lead the content push on any above the line, offline, PR initiatives we conduct with market know-how and attend player events.
• As relevant, create content for relevant events , meetings or conferences to assist the marketing of the business proposition
• To deliver an entertainment and value proposition that differentiates the brand and creates meaningful revenue and profit
• To ensure that sensitive data is correctly stored and shared in a manner that doesn’t leave the business vulnerable to loss of valuable data or player details
• Implement cross marketing programs through the team when required to do so by the business
• Establish processes to ensure the quality of our data e.g. that customer data is regularly refreshed and that we execute in a manner that meets the compliance requirement of each jurisdiction we operate in.
• Work closely with the Design team to produce exciting and engaging content to be read by our existing customer base; i.e. creation of a segmented newsletter - assigning business KPIs to these efforts and ensure they are achieved.
• Work closely with the team to ensure all outputs are on brand, signed off and meet and exceed expectations on quality
• Ensure that all content is compliant to regulations set by the licensed jurisdiction they are marketed in
• Provide transparency to all leaders and stakeholders on the content specialist’ efforts and results.
• Review the product ratings on App store and identify areas of opportunity for the Product team.
• Build a Brand and sign off process to ensure smooth delivery of marketing output
• Assist in conducting user surveys and feedback sessions to understand how our offering is being received and being interacted with by our North American players
• To provide regular feedback to the business on the trends and content opportunities within the North American marketplace
• Assist in offline initiatives including brand sponsorship, affinity tie in from a content production and implementation perspective
• Administrate all in-app content related to marketing offers and promotion using our internal back end systems
Position Qualification & Experience Requirements:
• Experience of content marketing to North American audiences preferably in a sports marketing capacity
• US Social Gaming/Sports marketing experience in a Content creation role for North American audiences
• Educated to degree level
• Knowledgeable of a wide range of American interest sports in the context of betting
• Highly demonstrable knowledge of social gaming CRM principles and systems – especially customer progression, rewards, levels, gamified CRM, key social and betting customer lifecycle touch points, communication media such as in app creative, in app notifications, SMS, email, push notifications and more
• Previous experience of budget and P/L responsibility
• Previous experience of managing conflict and prioritisation within a busy B2C online business
• Experience of working in an organisation managing end users or customers using lifecycle or life stage management processes
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong motivational skills
• Experience in working in a matrix organisation and proven to be effective in building relationships internally and externally
• Experience in working for an online gambling+ B2C RMG app business. + Social gaming product
• Ability to work effectively and speedily with remote teams in different time zones
The business are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employees an inclusive, diverse and ethical workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or other category protected by law. If you need assistance or any accommodation due to a disability, you may contact them at email@example.com