Betting Jobs are currently working with one of the biggest companies in UK sports betting to hire an experienced Legal Counsel in London. This position would find you working in their busy head offices and work on a variety of commercial contract matters.
This role reports to the Head of Legal and would find you working closely with the data protection unit.
• Working on a wide variety of commercial contract matters, including software licence and services agreements with games and systems providers, brand partnership agreements with third party brand owners, IT supply contracts and data analytics/processing agreements;
• Drafting and negotiating advertising, marketing and sponsorship contracts (with agencies, media owners, marketing affiliates and advertising platforms) – acting on behalf of the advertiser for their sportsbook and on behalf of the media owner for our sports media business,
• Providing advice to the marketing teams in relation to all advertising, marketing, sales promotions, competitions and customer offers across all of our brands globally. This will include drafting associated copy and terms and conditions, advising on regulatory issues and liaising with the ASA, Clearcast, gaming regulatory authorities and similar entities in each of the territories in which we currently provide services; and
• Providing legal advice in relation to website content and data protection and acting as legal point of contact for the business for new product launches and specific projects across a variety of territories.
• The role will be based in our London Piccadilly office and will necessitate liaising with teams across a number of our other offices (including our offices in Prague, Gibraltar, Malta and Austria), as well as external counsel where necessary.
• The successful candidate will have 2-4 years PQE and have significant prior experience in:
• Commercial contracts generally, preferably with a focus on advertising/marketing, technology and media contracts;
• Advising businesses on all aspects relating to the launch of new online products and services; and
• Sales promotions and advertising legal issues and will be familiar with relevant laws and regulations (including the CAP / BCAP Codes). Sports betting and gaming legal experience is an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
• We are looking for a great new member to a friendly team who will thrive in a robust and incredibly fast paced commercial environment where everyone’s contribution really matters.