Bettingjobs.com are currently recruiting for a Legal Counsel for a leading gaming company based in Gibraltar.
• You will be responsible for the structuring and drafting (as well as providing assistance where necessary in the negotiation) of a variety of commercial agreements and documents relating to commercial transactions involving the business.
• You will be responsible for advising and counselling the rest of the organisation on a wide-range of legal issues and regulatory matters associated with their commercial operations, with an emphasis on structuring and implementation of complex business transactions. More generally, you identify legal issues, provide analysis of legal risks and create and implement solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently.
• You will assist in building a scalable foundation for the Legal team including developing templates, implementing processes and developing other proactive initiatives. If required, you will prepare and deliver legal training programs for the business to enhance compliance and avoid litigation.
• You will effectively retain and manage outside legal counsel to ensure cost-effective representation.
• Negotiating, drafting and closing complex commercial transactions and have experience from this. You have 5+ years of relevant experience and are a qualified lawyer (law degree/ LLM from a reputable European University).
• Providing quick, concise, and practical legal advice and to problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible.
• English language - fluent both verbally and in writing.
• Experience from online gaming, technology or e-commerce sector. Individuals with experience in the payments and/or online gaming sector who have a sound basis in commercial contract drafting are preferred but should you have comparable experience in a different sector relating to commercial drafting, then your application will still be considered.
• You have strong attention to detail along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organisation.